Neo Scene (Win) now supports 5D Mk II - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 14th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #31
New Boot

Update: I've just uninstalled v1.1, rebooted and reinstalled v1.0.2.105b and Vegas now opens and decodes the AVI projects in my project.
David Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Well, after testing everything possible with the demos, I can only say that - at the moment and with my computer - the best way to edit Canon 5D II is to import the original mov file with Premiere CS3 and edit them in a cineform project (preview works almost perfectly... I have only some problems to preview when I increase the speed more than 150%, slowmotion works perfectly).
Then I export the project as MOV reproducing the same sort of file as the original.
Exporting the project as a mov is pretty fast. If I try to edit the cineform AVI files created with neoscene (under Windows 7) I don't get any benefit (but I admit they look better!!!). Files are bigger (3X as the MOVs), they don't react better as the original files in a cineform project and if I export them as a Cineform AVI rendering is endless. And the avi is too big.

Last edited by Edouard Saba; February 15th, 2009 at 08:29 AM.
Edouard Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Once we have determine what it is, as it doesn't happen on any of our test PCs (at home either.)
Don't know if this will help with the trouble shooting but when I have 1.1 loaded explorer crashes with any folder with any AVI file, not just with Cineform AVIs.
Charles W. Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2009, 08:24 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Charles, I have the same problem I have submitteda trouble ticket to CF.
Can you do one also. The more they get I hope they see it is affecting quite a few of us.
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #35
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Urtusuastegui View Post
Charles, I have the same problem I have submitteda trouble ticket to CF.
Can you do one also. The more they get I hope they see it is affecting quite a few of us.
I have just purchased Neo Scene and activated it. I was having the explorer crash issue, but that part seems to be rectified. The problem I have is that Neo Scene itself is crashing whenever I try to convert a fairly large file.

Additionally, on the "garmin" mvi_0082.mov sample clip where we were messing around with the "crushed blacks" issue, only about half of the video clip is transcoded, but the entire audio clip is transcoded. In other words, I'm getting 00:14:24 of video on the timeline, but 0:27:00 of audio. I have tried transcoding this same file with windows xp and also in a windows 7 beta virtual machine that I installed inside of Virtual PC. Either way, I get the exact same results. Interestingly, the instance of Neo Scene that I'm trialing on the Windows 7 virtual machine will fully transcode the larger clips that crash on the activated version that's running on my host OS.

I submitted a trouble ticket yesterday around noon but have not received a response from cineform yet - I'm just curious if I'm the only one facing these particular issues.
Keith Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 08:42 PM   #36
Inner Circle

Keith.

If you are running Windows under a PC emulator on a Mac, you may also be running with drives formatted as FAT32. The 4Gb or thereabouts filesize limit may be at play here if you are. A symptom is truncation of vision with a completed audio track as you describe.

This is an ambush which awaits people who convert directly onto a pre-formatted USB drive like a MyBook which happens to have been pre-formatted to FAT32 not NTFS.

You may have another issue but this is one possibility.

Last edited by Bob Hart; February 18th, 2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hart View Post
Keith.

If you are running Windows under a PC emulator on a Mac, you may also be running with drives formatted as FAT32. The 4Gb or thereabouts filesize limit may be at play here if you are. A symptom is truncation of vision with a completed audio track as you describe.

This is an ambush which awaits people who convert directly onto a pre-formatted USB drive like a MyBook which happens to have been pre-formatted to FAT32 not NTFS.

You may have another issue but this is one possibility.
Hi Bob, while I do own a Mac, this particular machine is a PC running Windows XP, and all of the drives I use are formatted NTFS. For whatever reason, hdlink seems to have a memory leak on my main installation. I was notified by Cineform support this afternoon that they're working on a new build to address "freezing issues". Maybe the new build will fix my problem too.
Keith Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:10 PM   #38
Inner Circle

Keith.

Alas. It was a good thought while it lasted.

You can be assured that David and all the elves scurrying around inside the software with their little hammers and pliers are dedicatedly in hot pursuit of the elusive solution. It can run but it cannot hide.

We live in interesting times. Just imagine if this little camera could sit on top of a little base transcoder unit recording directly to Cineform CFHD files? But then I am not being loyal to the SI2K and Wafian systems am I.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase