New releases for Mac and PC are out. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 14th, 2010, 09:10 PM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

New releases for Mac and PC are out.

PC versions is at 5.2.0
Mac version is at 5.0.23

Download from cineform.com

Highlights form the PC release notes

* HDLink can now generate proxies
* more control of the Decoder for speed and 422 to 444 upsampling.
* more 3D control
* more CS5 integration for MOV files.
* enhancement to FirstLight and manual updates.
* Support for MXF 4:2:2 cameras like the Canon XF300 series (NeoHD and above.)
* lots of bug fixes.

Mac also gets many similar enhancements. Please try out the beta 5 version of FirstLight, this operates far more like the FirstLight addition on the PC. This will soon replace the old FirstLight on the Mac.
Attached Thumbnails
New releases for Mac and PC are out.-b278.png  
Old October 15th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #2
Regular Crew

No downloadlinks. That means they are available from cineform website via support ... right ?
Sorin Pricop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Awesome!! I love new builds :)

neg invert glitch.

It works properly sometimes, but not anymore. 514 build was a little glitchy too.
I thought it was working correctly, then, i adjusted my WB and it stopped working correctly.

With White balance turned off, it flips normally.
When I use the proper white balance, the neg flip turns the image tinted blue.

When I use my inversion LUT with the proper white balance the image flips, and colors remain neutral.
- I would just use my inversion LUT, but my primary controls then become inverted.

I suspect something isn't right with the ordering of the negative flip and the White Balance. Do you think that could be the culprit/resolved?
Old October 15th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Justin, your analysis is wrong. You are assuming that you can white balance then apply the negative flip and expect the white balance to still be correct, it will not be (or a fluke if it is). Using the inverting LUT is applied in curved space, where the balance it applied in linear space, this is part of what it throughing you off. Also the negative curve is applied before the white balance matrix, so of couse the red and blue will be transposed (as they should be.)
Old October 15th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #5
Major Player

Hey David!

Thank you for clarifying. I didn't realize that is how it worked.
Currently I am using Silicon DVR - and when I invert the image using an inversion look and grade that in DVR, everything is A-OK, but when I get into First Light, I am unable to continue my workflow because that look gets applied after the primaries, causing all my primary color correction controls to be inverted/backwards.

Then the current position of the negative invert is great, but then as you mentioned, it will change my WB.

Thoughts on a way around this? Possibility to apply a look before the Primaries may solve this.
Old October 15th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #6
New Boot

There still no After Effects exporter?!!! CS5 has been out since Spring and I still can't render 10bit CineForm files, is this correct? If so, you may want to put that at the top of the list of things to do.
If I import an After Effects rendered CineForm file back into AE it is listed as Trillions of colors in the project window, but I assume it was rendered with 8-bit accuracy since I can only choose millions of colors in the exporter.
Jeff Kosmicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Be worked on now.
Old October 16th, 2010, 07:44 AM   #8
Major Player

5.2 Issues with Matrox MX02 ?

I installed 5.2 but have major issues using a Matrox (MX02) Preset. anyone else notice this?

When opening CS5, no files will play back in timeline or in source monitor (hangs), was using build 5.1 (build 71 I think) prior to upgrading all was fine. I reverted to an old version after installing 5.2 but the problem still continued. I then restored (via Norton Ghost) my O/S drive and apps back to a good install with build 171 again and all is fine, tried the upgrade again and same issues when installing 5.2.

Also noticed a purple line on the HD monitor via MX02 that was not there before when trying 5.2.
I have no time to troubleshoot this so will revert back to an older build for now.
Any known issues?
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That doesn't make much sense, we don't do everything custom for MX02 so it hard to imagine what could have changed. We will test the MX02 out next week.
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #10
Major Player

I have always had problems with Cineform files with Matrox especially files with an alpha channel.
I don't believe this is a Cineform problem but a Matrox problem.
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:48 AM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

CineForm AVI and MOVs are implemented via an Premiere importer, so they is no direct interaction, Matrox should be loading CineForm images just as it would any other, and not be away on the source media type, abstracted by Premiere -- so this is all puzzling.
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #12
Major Player

Thanks for the feedback chaps. Yes I agree, I don't think its Matrox as I have removed all Matrox drivers and I am having the same issue. I can't load cineform AVI's into the source monitor, it just displays white and kind of hangs... sometimes I can get audio playback but no video. If I use a cineform sequence I can put cineform AVI directly on the timeline and they play back in program monitor but not source... Something is definitely up and I don't really want to rebuild right now as I am on some tight deadlines, will probably stick at the old revision 5.1 unless there are any other suggestions.
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #13
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Source monitor is work fine here with OpenGL off. We do have a bug with source monitor with OpenGL enabled in our play module. Matrox users shouldn't be using that.
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Perry View Post
When opening CS5, no files will play back in timeline or in source monitor (hangs)
I see the same issues with no Matrox, in the Source and in the Program. (I dont have any Matrox hardware at all.)

To be able to playback and have no hangs with CF files:
I deleted this folder and its content: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS5\MediaCore\CineForm
I then renamed "CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm" and "CFHD_AVI_Importer32.prm" to "CFHD_AVI_Importer.OLD" and "CFHD_AVI_Importer32.OLD" in the folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\Plug-ins\Common\CineForm

I can playback files in AE without changing anything.
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #15
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sound like you need to file a trouble ticket with support. Your system might be missing required DLLs.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase