cant make video transitions in fcp7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old April 24th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #1
Tourist

cant make video transitions in fcp7

hi, I have a few clips that i've re-wraped with clipwrap ,and when I import them to fcp they play choppy and i cant share or export the sequence, fcp crushes. in output format the only other formats that are available except re-wraping, are dv and aic, and in both formats the playback is excellent, but when I try to add video transitions I get the error massage "there was insufficient media for the requested transion at one or more edit points." the duration of both clips is about 2 minutes/ plz help
Alex Sorkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 08:13 AM   #2
Sponsor: divergent media

Re: cant make video transitions in fcp7

Hi there -

On playing rewrapped clips in Fcp - rewrapped avchd is super CPU intensive, and Fcp doesn't have optimizations for it yet, so choppiness is possible, particularly on a less-than speedy machine.

As far as other formats, clipwrap uses the codecs installed on your computer, so if you dont have prores installed (it comes with final cut 6 and 7) clipwrap won't see it.

Finally, the message about insufficient media is just a normal Fcp thing - sounds like you don't have handles on your media. Check FCP help for more info on adding transitions and what.
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #3
Tourist

thank you for the input
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:21 AM   #4
Tourist

do you know a way of mybe reinstalling prores lt or proxy on fcp7?
Old April 24th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #5
Sponsor: divergent media

I *think* if you install the "qmaster node" package from the DVD, that'll install all the prores codecs.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap