Panasonic TM700 Files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old April 1st, 2011, 10:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Panasonic TM700 Files

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm trying to wrap some of my Panasonic 700 files in clipwrap but it's not recognizing the files. What am I doing wrong?

Thank's
Chad Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:12 AM   #2
Sponsor: divergent media

Re: Panasonic TM700 Files

Is ClipWrap not recognizing the MTS files when you drag them in, or are you saying that the resulting MOV files aren't recognized?

-Colin
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes clipwrap is not recognizing the files at all. But I just took some footage I just recorded and left the folder intact with all the other files and was able to import them into Clipwrap and everything works as it should. So I guess you have to keep all the other files in the folder structure to use clipwrap? You just can't use the mov file itself?

Thank's
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:47 PM   #4
Sponsor: divergent media

ClipWrap shouldn't need the folder structure intact - just to be clear, the files you're trying to drag in are actually .MTS, not .MOV right?

-Colin
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

All my old files from the camera are .mov files. The new ones are mts so I guess thats the problem. Awhile ago when I stored them I must of converted them already. My mind is not the same I don't remember doing it lol. I have 3 different cameras now and all 3 have a different workflow and I guess it's starting to get confusing. Thank's for the help.

Chet
Old April 2nd, 2011, 04:59 PM   #6
Major Player

Chad

Respectfully, I think you're confused. The TM700 only records .MTS files which are deep within a AVCHD structure. It doesn't record .MOV files, which are Quicktime (wrapped) files.

Cliprwrap takes the .MTS files and either puts Quicktime Headers and Footers on them so that Quicktime can read them or transcodes them to other formats as well as wrap them with quicktime.

I use Clipwrap all the time with my TM700, mostly in the 60P mode, and it works great and has been a lifesaver for me and integral to my workflow on the Mac. Divergent's support and helpfulness has been excellent throughout my use of Clipwrap, particularly Colin, the author.

-Keith
Keith Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2011, 06:32 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Yes I agree Colin has been a great help. Like I said I must of converted the files a few months ago and just forgot. I bought a Canon s20 so been playing with that and trying to get a workflow with the surround track intact so I kind of Put the Panasonic on the back burner.
Chad Solo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap