Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 40 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old November 11th, 2004, 05:22 AM   #586
Regular Crew

Editor Wanted

PM for more info.
Old November 12th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #587
Major Player

I need an XL Shooter in the Washington area

Anyone shooting with an XL1 or XL2 in the Seattle/Yakima area? I'm under the gun to finish a project and need to pick up an interview segment. Cool project, good $ email me directly please.

Thanks
Jim
Old November 12th, 2004, 06:27 PM   #588
New Boot

Re: XL2/XL1 Shooter Needed in LA...WA

Jim, if you have other future projects in California, that you need help on, please feel free to call on me.

Thanks!
Old November 12th, 2004, 08:02 PM   #589
Major Player

Im game as well.
Old November 15th, 2004, 12:36 AM   #590
Wrangler

HD feature in Los Angeles--wanna help?

Hi folks.

I begin shooting an HD feature tomorrow(we're talking HDCAM here--Sony Cinealta--not HDV) for the next month. It's a fabulous script, hard to describe: part action film, part "Crime and Punishment", part post-modern, part film-noir...in any event, the visuals are going to be very strong. We are framing for 2.40 for eventual film-out to anamorphic 35mm (yes, the financing is in place, as is the distribution deal--this is not a straight-to-video).

In case anyone is interested in coming by to observe or even better, to lend a hand for a day or two, please let me know.
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:52 AM   #591
Tourist

Central Texas - Full length movie - looking for producer-type

Howdy,

I recently purchased Canon's XL-2 . . . planning on teaching myself the ins and outs of movie-making. And I "might" still have to do that BUT I'd like to link up with a Producer-type person who could help me come up with some budgetary numbers to see what direction I need to go in. This person needs to be completely familiar with ALL areas required from acting contracts to equipment rentals and anything else in between.

I have the first draft of a screenplay ready that could be used to help with the budgeting process. It's a rather complex story-line so someone needs to have a sharp pencil.

That's all I need right now -- someone with the experience necessary to give me some budgetary numbers. I'm 51 and I suddenly realized this "do it yourself" scenario might take more time than I want to wait.

Someone from the Austin, Texas area would be GREAT because I only live about two hours from there. If you're interested, email me some information about yourself.

Thanks,
Gary
Old November 16th, 2004, 12:00 AM   #592
Trustee

Are you South Asian, a Muslim, or Middle Eastern?

Without getting into a political discussion here which I do NOT want to do, nor is it appropriate in this forum, I wish to present an idea for a new film-related project I am working on, in hopes of gathering some interest or help from this good and diverse community.

As you know, if you fit the above demographic, in the current geopolitical climate you or your family or friends might be coming under fire for a variety of reasons - mostly due to racial profiling or a lack of exposure to members of your ethnicity, or due to, of course, the loudest headlines in the media today.

If you fit this demographic and are anything like me, this may be a big influence on you as a filmmaker or a writer or an artist of whatever type. You seek to make your voice known, and probably ache to find others like yourself who can help you do so. But it's hard to feel legitimate and accepted when even something as simple as filling out your ethnicity in a form or application for something requires you to call yourself an "Other". It's a tiny but telling indicator as to the current state of acceptance and diversity in most of the modern world.

So what is this project? Perhaps to start, a mini-online film fest with targeted subjects, with various prizes to try to get like-minded folks to crawl out of the woodwork and get motivated (I can always find sponsors). It could be a lot of things, but it will definitely be a gathering place for a loose network of filmmakers, writers and other artists who wish to collaborate, and to make their voices known.

You know, the voices from the "other" box.
http://www.theotherbox.com

I'm looking for random ideas and/or interested parties who want to help, or just want to put in their 2 cents as to what would be intriguing to them; what would get their attention and have them participate. If you don't wish to post here, do please email me: imran (at) theotherbox.com.

And thank you in advance for not making this a political discussion.
Old November 16th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #593
Regular Crew

Royaly free footage needed, can you help, LONDON

Hi all

I need a pan shot over london at night, with some landmark that let's people know it's London.

I need it on DV tape. A couple of minutes is all I need where I can select the most appropiate shot.

I will pay for postage and tape costs. I don't want anybody to go out and do this specially because I can't pay you.

Let me know what camera you are using and if you can get a nice clean shot (without turning up the camera gain too much)

I will pay you for your cost via paypal.

Many thanks to whoever can do this...
Donie

ps: I can't afford to travel to London myself just to get this shot.
Old November 17th, 2004, 12:47 AM   #594
Regular Crew

help in LA

Hi Charles,

Hell... I should'a stayed in town. I just came back to the Bay area. I know the prop master on your film. Kid named Mark Fenlason. Saw the script. Lots 'O guns and knives.

Have fun....

BTW, Rev. 2 on the smart riser is on the way. Thanks for the input

Regards,

David Mesloh
Old November 17th, 2004, 12:04 PM   #595
Wrangler

Cool David. Mark mentioned you yesterday. The feature is going well, the HD setup is inensive (my DIT is troubleshooting all day long, it seems) but the pictures are pretty nonetheless.

How did your show go?
Old November 17th, 2004, 01:29 PM   #596
Regular Crew

Show went well. I'll tell you more another time. BTW, how is Mark doing? I gave him his first job many moons ago.

He can be a little dramatic sometimes but he's pretty good for a young pup.

Yea... HD seams to have it's own set of problems. We shot on the Varicam.
I had to rig a power adapter so we could power the AJA HD to SD converter box. Seems the Stedicam operator's monitor was SD only. The cord to power the AJA was AC only. Grrrrrrrr. I ended up taking one of the battery boxes I showed you, gaffer taped a 400w inverter to it, then ran 20 ft of SO cord so the battery guy ran along side the Stedicam Operator so we could power the converter. Oh, and BTW, it was 15 miles north of Zumz Beach when they found out they didn't have the right cable. Glad I can think on my feet.

That was just one of a myriad of little "fixes" I had to pull off. Try making gate hinges from a pair of Cardelleni's and a couple of c-stand heads at 3 in the morning. Fun............... the smoke and the flame bars were perfect though.

Have fun.

David
Old November 17th, 2004, 01:43 PM   #597
Tourist

Need to shoot on Amazonian Rainforest or Galapagos Islands?

Hi everyone. I'm a DP from Spain now living temporary in Guayaquil, Ecuador. If you need to organize a shooting in the rainforest or the Galapagos I can provide with permissions, equipments, crews. I own DVX100, crane, dollys, sound equipment etc. and portable edition, DVCAM VTR, FW800 HDD. Only at 4 hours from Miami direct fly you can be at location same day you depart from US.
Knownlegde of the socio-political situation and with contacts with indigen Amazonian people.

If someone is interested, please email at

carlos@vidainteligente.com
Old November 18th, 2004, 05:30 PM   #598
Tourist

Wanted: Video Content

I am interested in purchasing video content -- I am new to this site, and do not know if this is an appropriate request in this forum, or there is a better place to do it (either here on another site).

John.
Old November 18th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #599
Air China Pilot

And what kind of video content...?
Old November 18th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #600
Major Player

I've got content!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands