Helping Hands from 2004 - Page 37 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 8th, 2004, 11:18 AM   #541
Regular Crew

DVX100A here

No JVC cam but DVX100A here and an option to borrow a second one.

Let me know.

-- Andre
aaandre (at) gmail (dot) com
Old October 8th, 2004, 02:02 PM   #542
New Boot

You have a demo reel?

Geoff Pepos

Rhythm Films
Old October 8th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #543
Tourist

I live in Miracle Mile, near Hollywood... got the cam and would be interested to lend a hand. You can check out some of my recent work at leontrackstar.com. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old October 10th, 2004, 07:41 AM   #544
Major Player

Thanks for the reply! I'll call this week!
Old October 12th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #545
New Boot

Your project

Hi Zohar, I'll be in Hong Kong and Malaysia by Dec. I have a PAL XL1 w/mini35 adaptor,prime lens,telephoto lens...steadicam/glidecam system, if you are interested, please email me at kidfina@yahoo.com, I can email you list of equipments....thank you.
Old October 12th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #546
New Boot

Glidecam gold system

Hi! ARe you still need the glidecam system? if so please email me at kidfina@yahoo.com
Old October 12th, 2004, 10:15 AM   #547
New Boot

Crews in S.E Asia?

Is there any crew in Hong Kong ,China, and other SE Asia countries available? Love to meet and hopefully can work on future project.
Old October 13th, 2004, 09:25 PM   #548
Regular Crew

Noooo problem!! I wouldn't want any fellow DVinfoers to miss out on the premium jobs!
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:06 AM   #549
Trustee

Hey James, you are closer to STMtn than I, I think. Tomorrow should be clear with rain and the double fronts going through. A sunset/sunrise from the top of Stone Mountain might be a sure thing ;)
Old October 14th, 2004, 10:59 AM   #550
Regular Crew

I'll be there bright and early! I wouldn't miss out on that kind of payout for anything. I wonder if they have any full time positions?
Old October 14th, 2004, 04:27 PM   #551
Regular Crew

back in seattle...

Hey everyone... I used to live in seattle a few years ago... and am now back. I picked up filmmaking/videography as a hobby about two years ago or so... I'm interested in getting into the local scene to help on any projects in the area. I have experience with DV - including: premiere, photoshop, after effects, canon cameras (xl-1).... and, I have a lot of my own equipment - including camera and accessories, editing software, sound equipment, etc. I recently shot a music video back where I used to live... for a group I used to be in (www.fadedsoul.com). I'm going to start editing in a few weeks (moving can be a pain). But I'm interested is seeing what sort of projects are out there right now and where I can help out. I work for free... for the love of the media... (though I did do a video documentary for someone and was paid in Beer and Food once). I'm interested in expanding my experience and learn from other seattle filmmakers. Drop me an email at Velasco00@hotmail.com.

Christopher Velasco
Old October 16th, 2004, 08:25 PM   #552
Regular Crew

I will SHOOT YOUR MOVIE

If you are in NYC and want to direct your movie let me know.
I got DVX100ae, lights, mic plus boom.

I got everyting to shoot your movie.

Just contact me and lets start.

I live in NYC (CHelsea) and will shoot your movie for resonable rate.

Voytek Stitko
joyvoitech at yahoo.com
Old October 16th, 2004, 11:08 PM   #553
New Boot

Need DV shooter in Johannesburg area

The head of communications of an international research organization is looking for someone who can shoot DV and is based in Johannesburg or Pretoria, South Africa. I have no more details than that at the moment.

Cheers
David Mowbray
Old October 17th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #554
Regular Crew

CAST CALL for an African American female

CASTING CALL for “Shopping Cart”

I did get a great response and the filming is going great however I am in dire straits as one of the leading charters left for a paying gig which I am happy for her yet it leaves me in a bind. I need an African American Female for the part as all the other parts are taken and the one woman who left leaves me with an all white cast except the leading role of the male actor who is African American.

If you have any info at all I would be grateful if you could forward it to the actress and I would be wiling to give her a logline.
DayDream Believers is going to be filming a short 20min to 25 short in the Uptown area during the month of October and part of November.

There is no payment to the actors or actress who are chosen. DayDream Believers is an non-for profit organization that trains individuals that want to learn filming. We try to make their dreams come true hence the name DayDream Believers. This film is being made for three interns and they are the main crew and they would like it to be sent to five film fests that are up and coming this fall and next spring. No film festivals that are being entered have a prize a cash prize whatsoever.

Sharon Fraats
Ifilmmovies@yahoo.com
Old October 17th, 2004, 10:50 PM   #555
Major Player

Who could rent me his FU-1000 CRT viewfinder?

I guess this is an unusual request, but I need to rent the B&W CRT viewfinder for a project that will be shot over 2-3 weeks in December. I need to rent it from someone located in Canada because if it has to cross the borders, I will need to pay taxes on it.

Here's my story:

I just bought the Canon XL2 with the 20x lens and an additional 14x manual lens. I was originally planing to only buy the body only kit with the manual lens and the viewfinder. But since I'm located in Canada and wanted to buy the camera here (easier for the warranty + I got a great price), there was no way of knowing when the body only package was going to be made available.

Canon Canada and Canon USA are seperate and independant divisions, so even though the body only version is coming out soon in the USA, I got words that it might only come out late November in Canada and that there was a priority list to boot. This was unacceptable for me since I'm starting to shoot late November and wanted a bit of time to get accustomed to the camera.

So I went ahead and bought the XL2 with the 20x lens. I figured this was a positive thing anyway since those 2 lenses combined will fill the totality of my needs. OIS, long telephoto, servo zoom and AF with the 20x, full manual iris control, full manual focus control and a wide angle (with an adapter) with the 14x. They complement each other perfectly.

But now, I don't have enough money left to buy the viewfinder. What's worse, I already bought the 2x magnifier for it. Well OK it's not a huge deal since I know I will eventually buy the FU-1000, it's only a matter of time. But time is what I don't have right now. I will be able to buy the viewfinder in February when I get my tax return, but right now I cannot afford it and I need it badly for my next project. I've been playing with the XL2 a bit and I feel the LCD viewfinder is only so-so. I'm not completely comfortable using it for critical focusing. I also need underscan to avoid bad surprises in post (since transfer to film and DVD authoring are part of the plan).

My only remaining option is therefore to rent it. But it's nowhere to be found here in Montreal. So I was wondering if anyone who owns this viewfinder and will not be needing it in the month of December would be kind enough to rent it to me at a reasonable price. I would pay for shipping (insured and trackable of course).

Let me know if anything can be worked out. Also if anyone knows rental houses in Canada that do "long distance" renting via the mail, I'd be interested to know as well.

Thanks for helping out,

David
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands