Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old September 20th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #376
Regular Crew

Videographer in Melbourne Australia Available

I´m a freelance videographer based in Melbourne. I shoot Weddings, Music Videos, Promotional Videos, Movie Productions and videos for events and much more. I have broadcast quality video and sound equipment (I use the Sony EX1). Professional editing available as well. Contact me for more info, rates or availability.
Old September 21st, 2009, 02:37 PM   #377
Wizard Status

Just a reminder for anyone in the Charleston area -- the meetup is tonight at the Terrace Hippodrome theater downtown. Come meet fellow film makers and setup a team for the October National Film Challenge.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:33 AM   #378
Regular Crew

NC videographer for hire

North Carolina and surrounding areas (compensation of course) Located on the shores of Emerald Isle North Carolina. Willing to help to all who need it.

My equipment
Sony's V1U & Z1U
12 foot crane with pan and tilt.
Avid Express pro editing capabilities

I have a website up with small amounts of work, its still under construction so bare with me.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:20 AM   #379
Major Player

I Need lights in NEW YORK Tonite - Brooklyn for Sept 23rd

Hey Guys, i'm in New York(brooklyn) for few days. I'm doing an interview tonite sept 23rd and i need two lights or even one.. for around 8pm. I'm located on Bedford and N 5th street.
Evreryone that i've called doesnt run lights..so im kind of in a bind....

Please let me know if you can help...ill spot you some cash for your troubles

call me 360 220 9507

thanks
Saturnin
Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:32 PM   #380
Trustee

Crew secured.

Thanks everyone.
Old September 25th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #381
Regular Crew

Dolly rental in Vienna

I'm shooting in Vienna, Austria in early October and I'm looking to rent something like the MicroDolly Hollywood. It doesn't have to be that exact model, the idea is something lightweight and quick/easy to setup and move. Does anyone have any suggestions for where I could find this in Vienna? I usually bring my own but the excess baggage fees are making it ridiculous. Thanks!!
Old September 30th, 2009, 06:40 AM   #382
Major Player

Wedding Videographer in Toronto - Oct 24th, 2009

Greetings and salutations,

I am looking to replace myself for a freelance wedding shoot on October 24th in Toronto. It is for another company.

Technically speaking you have:
A 3ccd or 3cmos camera (doesn't have to be HD)
A good tripod

It would be nice if you have:
A good wireless lav kit
A on camera light

But I can provide those things if need be.

Personally speaking you:
Are reliable and don't show up in sweatpants and a John Deere hat.
Shoot well exposed and in focus video.

This is a documentary style shoot where you're capturing the day as it unfolds. If you have shot cinematic weddings before then this is an easy shoot.

Please send an e-mail along to matthew@craggs.ca and include a link to something you have created.

(Edit: I should also add that this is for an ever-expanding studio, so if you are looking for more work for 2010 and you do a solid job then the possibility for more work is there)
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:49 PM   #383
Major Player

Videographer in Indiana

Hello everyone!

I'm based in West Lafayette, Indiana, but have no problem traveling. Equipment includes Sony Z1, AT897 shotgun, Sennheiser G2 wireless, and I'm currently editing on Vegas Pro 9.

Most of my experience is in commercials, but I am also looking to expand to longer projects.

My availability is currently daytime & weekends.

Thanks for looking!
Bryan Cantwell
Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:38 AM   #384
Inner Circle

Seeking four PAs for dance film shoot in Los Angeles

Hi all:

We are seeking four PAs for an ultra low budget dance film that shoots on Sunday, October 11th in Los Angeles. This project is strictly a self-funded labor of love with no sponsorship, underwriting or grants so all of the crew hired so far are working for a fraction of their normal day rate. Non union obviously, we will feed the crew well and you will get a copy of the finished video on DVD for your reel/resume. The project will ultimately be entered into dance film festivals. We have an talented world class dancer, great composed soundtrack and the finished film will be quite amazing.

Seeking experienced PAs for normal production PA work, plus running hazer/fog machine, moving equipment and lighting. Shooting at a stage/rehearsal hall near downtown LA on Sunday, October 11th with a possible extra day for prep/pre-light on Saturday, October 10th.

$75.00 per day flat and it will be a long day.

If you know any PAs who are interested, contact blfilms@mac.com E-mail only.

Thanks,

Dan
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #385
Regular Crew

Live webcast; Melbourne

A mate of mine is working on a Clean Energy event, and wants someone to arrange a live webcast of the event.

Its in Melbourne on November 15

If you can do this, and have the ability to do it, and work for either peanuts or free, then let him know;

Hi Ben,

Here is the flier for our Clean Energy event, for which I hope to arrange a video webcast of.

I hope you can send it on to your contacts.

For follow up info, my phone numbers are;
(03)97567307 and mobile 0418872400

The not-for-profit organisation (that I am involved in), that is putting on the event is called
the Global Energy Network Institute. Welcome to the GENI Foundation

Thanks a lot,

Regards, Willem.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...leanenergy.jpg
Old October 7th, 2009, 06:21 AM   #386
Inner Circle

Hi all:

We had a tremendous response on our request for PAs for this project, the producers have hired their choices so no need to send any further applicants.

Thanks so much,

Dan Brockett
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #387
New Boot

Opportunity to work with a media school in Kenya

I've been a member of these forums for awhile and I've recently started a media school in Kenya called the East African Media Institute (EAMI). We are located in Nairobi, Kenya and train young people in TV/Film Production as well as Broadcast Journalism.

I'm an American but have been living in Kenya since 1996. The school is fairly new and we're looking for support to build it up and offer quality training to these young people, some of them who we are sponsoring and many who are not on economically sound footing.

As an Institution, we are trying to train journalists and filmmakers to address issues of social importance such as fighting tribalism (recount the 2008 violence), saving the environment, addressing economic inequality and host of other issues affecting people here.

I'm open to work with anyone who has the heart to lend a helping hand. It can be in the form of your time to mentor a few of these students by supervising (through email) as they work on their projects or you can even take a trip over here and collaborate with us on some interesting projects. Heck, you can even come over and teach! We also are in need of equipment so if anyone has a miniDV video camera or digital camera lying around, we could use it!

You can check out our website at East African Media Institute: International Standards in Media Training or search for us on Facebook ("EAMI").

Donald Giesen
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:51 PM   #388
Regular Crew

Video Help

You still looking for help Ryan?

What time of year are they?

Cheers

Logan
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #389
Regular Crew

Wedding filmmaker (full time position) - Sydney, Australia

Hi all,

Looking for wedding filmmaker to join our team.

Please see my seek ad for more details (it will run until 4th Nov 2009).
SEEK jobs database and employment advice

Cheers,
Dave.
Old October 10th, 2009, 03:38 AM   #390
Major Player

SoCal area: Great sound package for Red, 5D, others

Although I'm working full-time in writing/development, we've been shooting a lot of demos for the cable networks and that prompted me to get quite a good sound package which happens to be really suitable for Red One or 5D shoots.

It's based on the Sound Devices 788T with the solid state hard drive option, and it can record 8 iso tracks as well as four mixed tracks, or just about any combination anyone would want. Feeding it are 5 to 7 wireless systems (depending on whether you want wireless hops to the camera) and a 416 boom mic with wind blimp, also a nice Petrol bag with a seriously comfortable Portabrace memory foam harness. Also have an 816 in a blimp.

Four of the mics are Sanken COS 11's and three are Countryman EMW units. Two of the wireless systems are Lectrosonics and four are Senn G-3's. One is my venerable AT-100 fed by a Countryman. I use two G-3's for hops when I shoot, but since there is wireless timecode sync and a way to genlock the recorder with the camera, you might just as well record everything to the CF card if you wish.

There is much more hardware than the above, such as a soundcart set-up with a JVD 24" 1080P professional monitor and a Mackie. I can generally include myself in the package whether as mixer, boom or third -- or not. This thing is surprisingly easy to operate though, as intuitive as any component might be.

Comes with 3 IDX NP-1 70 watt/hour batteries and a charger, as well as batts and chargers for everything else.

Call or e-mail me, I promise you I will be your most cost effective and easy solution to the issue of getting superb audio for your next shoot, in fact I'll surprise you with my pricing since I have a full time job and am really just looking to amortize this gear, not support the wife and kids.

Oh yeah, I also have an EX-3 with good Cartoni sticks, 4 solar spectrum lights and much more.

Tip McPartland
Mobile: 909 534-1449 (please try this first, the office last)
Home: 909 338-3160
Work: 310 914-0145
tipsd9video@msn.com

Last edited by Tip McPartland; October 10th, 2009 at 03:42 AM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands