Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 17th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #301
Trustee

There are a number of production rental houses in Miami-Fort Lauderdale area ... try Budget Video Rentals 305-945-8888, Midtown Video at 305-669-1117, to name two in Miami-Dade...don't have a Broward county yellow pages but there are some in the Fort Lauderdale area also... hth / Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Old July 17th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #302
Regular Crew

Thanks, Battle! Appreciate this. Just what I'm looking for.
Old July 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM   #303
Major Player

Looking to work with team in Sacramento area to learn with

Hey all,

I am moving to Sacramento area mid August time frame. I'd really like to try to learn a bit more post production work, as well as either watch, or even help on taking video for corporate events, weddings, etc. I am not asking for compensation but wouldn't turn it down if my help/work is of value. I'd rather accept compensation in the way of time with someone to learn the ropes. Ideally I'd like to look at doing this part time initially for pay (after I learn a bit), but as I don't have the right gear or the money to get it just yet, being able to participate with someone and learn while using their gear would be most helpful.

I do have a solid understanding of video cameras, their technical aspects, as well as a long background of computers including doing some editing with Premiere. I'd love to learn more about color correcting shots, as well as how to best set up cameras for certain events including using lighting and such.

Thank you.
Old July 18th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #304
Regular Crew

StillMotion. Done.

Last edited by Raymond Tsang; July 18th, 2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Congratulations btw :)
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:42 AM   #305
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Nelson View Post
Thanks, Battle! Appreciate this. Just what I'm looking for.
I have an XH-A1 and I'm in miami. You can contact me at info@legendsfilms.com if you want more info...and my website is at that same address.
Old July 20th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #306
Regular Crew

Jackson, MS Videographer

I'm seeking a videographer in the Jackson, MS area. If interested, please email me at Corey.Williams@CaptureTheMarket.com for more details.

Thanks
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:16 PM   #307
Major Player

Shooter needed 8.15.09 in Spokane , WA

Hi All,

Please let me know if any one local is available to shoot a wedding this day.. easy 2nd cam during ceremony using our equipment.

email me at
scott@ambientsky.com

Thanks,
Scott
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #308
Major Player

The most important thing is, what's your budget?
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #309
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dodds View Post
After being engaged for something like 4 years, the fiance and I have finally set a date, booked a hall and have begun actually planning the wedding. Being a professional image maker (I should put that on my business card) I've taken charge of arranging the visual documentation of our big day. I'm happy to report that we've found a GREAT photographer that we're very excited to work with.

And then there's video. I'm amazed by the amount of crap out there. All of the photo studios we looked at offered video as well and they all sucked at it. The studio we're going with does acceptable video but nothing really great. If I don't find anything else, that will be the way to go but before I give in, I want to look for a place/person that does only video and does it REALLY well. So here I am.

The date: January 15, 2011 (18 months from yesterday so there's still time)
The place: Reception in Mineola, Long Island (NY). Ceremony TBD but not far from that.

If anyone wants to submit themselves for consideration or has any recommendations for quality videographers in my neck of the woods, reply here or PM me.

Thanks very much!

~~Dave
That's kind of far in advance- I usually only book 1 calendar year in advance. However the date is available.
Old July 20th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #310
Major Player

I know it's very far but I like to get things done.

Also, budget is not the most important thing. And I expect that sort of mentality from the person I end up going with. I know we do what we do to make a living, but at the same time, I want someone who thinks the most important thing is that we get a beautiful documentation of our special day. Money talk comes last, just before we sign the deal. I will say though, that if anyone charges anything close to the price of a new car, don't bother.

Also, ideally we'd like to use someone in/around NYC - or considers western Long Island a "local" job. There have been a number of private responses from people who have phenomenal portfolios but are about as far from NY as you can get. I appreciate the interest but it's just not feasible.

Thanks for all of the responses so far.

~~Dave
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:11 AM   #311
Major Player

Quote:
I know it's very far but I like to get things done.

Also, budget is not the most important thing. And I expect that sort of mentality from the person I end up going with. I know we do what we do to make a living, but at the same time, I want someone who thinks the most important thing is that we get a beautiful documentation of our special day. Money talk comes last, just before we sign the deal. I will say though, that if anyone charges anything close to the price of a new car, don't bother.

Also, ideally we'd like to use someone in/around NYC - or considers western Long Island a "local" job. There have been a number of private responses from people who have phenomenal portfolios but are about as far from NY as you can get. I appreciate the interest but it's just not feasible.

Thanks for all of the responses so far.

~~Dave
Any shoot or distance is feasible if you have money. If not, you are on a "budget".
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:35 AM   #312
Regular Crew

Dave,
I'm in NY! Here are a couple of links of mine and people I work with:

Frank and Roisin on Vimeo

Jane and Glen's Wedding Clip on Vimeo

ARTHOUSE THINKTANK

Take care,
Erick.
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:20 PM   #313
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kellam View Post
Any shoot or distance is feasible if you have money. If not, you are on a "budget".
Yes, I am "on a budget." That is, I don't have a limitless amount of money at my disposal for this. I never said I did. If anyone on here is in that sort of a position where they just want to throw as much money as possible somewhere, let me know. I'd love to work for you.

The locale thing is just a matter of being wise with my money. After all, this wedding is the start of my life with someone and I've got to continue building it. I mean, if someone in the UK quotes me $5000 plus travel for a great package and I find a comparable package/quality locally for $5000 (no travel needed), what's the smart move?
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:52 PM   #314
Major Player

Quote:
I mean, if someone in the UK quotes me $5000 plus travel for a great package and I find a comparable package/quality locally for $5000 (no travel needed), what's the smart move?
I'd say it depends on how good they are.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM   #315
Major Player

Absolutely. But if they were of a comparable quality and style, it makes more sense to go local, no?

I'm just saying, I am willing to make this an investment - heck it'll be one of the most important days of my life. But I want to make it a wise one and only spend as much as I need to.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands