Helping Hands from 2009 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:53 PM   #1
New Boot

Helping Hands from 2009

My company, Reel Entertainment, Inc. has entered into an exclusive long term multi project distribution deal to create, develop, produce and distribute all forms of entertainment including Unscripted, Scripted, Digital and Short-Form Projects for Broadcast and Cable Platforms.

Starting immediately Reel Entertainment will create and produce new content as well as distribute existing documentary style programming shot in or about China that will be English language programming and air in the US, eventually we will also air English Language programming in China.

What I need is existing programming that is the History, Culture, Lifestyles, Tourist Attractions, Economic Policies, Investment and Partnership Opportunities in China.

We need to deliver the content in XDCAM, but will talk about any programming.

If you have any content or are willing to co-produce. Contact me at 310-733-7311 or e-mail me at brian@reelentertain.com

Thanks, Brian Fitzgerald
Reel Entertainment is a full service film, television and multimedia production company
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM   #2
Wrangler

Looking for a DVD transcode expert in LA--paid gig

A DP friend of mine (ASC member) is re-cutting his reel and he is struggling with capturing his various films off DVD's. I don't have time right now to help him and he needs to get this done ASAP.

He has 9 full-length features which need to be converted to a good quality editable format that he can work with in Final Cut Express. He will be using the footage on his website and on his DVD reel. He's gone through the route of capturing through an A to D firewire converter only to have the output screwed up due to the digital copyguard. He's also been messing around with Handbrake and the like but has run into snags and just doesn't have the time to solve the puzzle further. He will supply the DVD's and Firewire drives, you do the conversions and collect your check.

If interested, please forward an email to me at charlespapert "at" earthlink.net with your estimate of cost and turnaround. Please, only respond if you are reliable, professional and have experience with this process.

By the way, I am aware of the legal implications of ripping DVD's, but it is understood in the industry that those of us whose names are on the credits use the material for our reels and are not in the habit of pirating our own livelihoods.
Old January 4th, 2009, 07:49 AM   #3
Trustee

Charles, while I no longer live on the west coast I could complete this project.

But since you give your advice freely on many forums, let me extend a little free advice.
MPEG Streamclip is a free utility that would be an inexpensive way to get the job done for your friend.

Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows

Good Luck!
Old January 4th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Gulf Coast MS?

Looking for someone from Mobile to New Orleans and/or the Gulf up who has a DVX100A or 100B. We are expanding to cover school plays and civic events, etc. and are looking for a "3rd" camera owner/operator to use when needed.

Thanks.
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #5
Major Player

email sent

Scott,

Email sent
Old January 4th, 2009, 11:52 PM   #6
Major Player

Seeking HD Instructional video shooter and editor for DVD in Vancouver Canada

Seeking HD Instructional video shooter and editor for DVD

Hello, I am seeing if anyone here is in Vancouver, Canada, and has experience with the HD workflow from shooting to editing to a finished HD master that can be burned to a HD format disc (blu ray) or SD DVD.

That means that you have your own equipment and have edited and made (HD) DVD’s before. I’m looking for some help with a project. If interested, please email me, audio90@shaw.ca
Old January 6th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #7
Regular Crew

i can be there anytime. jvc hd100u
Old January 7th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #8
Major Player

Let me know I'm located now just two HR fly from my Island and additional to HD cameras I can also provide glidecam operation.
Old January 8th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #9
Trustee

Need HD Shooter - Orlando, FL Area - Paid

I am in need of an equipped 24p HD shooter for a 2-day weekend short-film shoot. It's indie but there is a budget and you will be paid a reasonable rate (plus meals) based on your capabilities, equipment and experience - let's talk.

I had a shooter lined up but due to scheduling issues it fell through. That setup was a 1080p setup with 35mm goodness. I'm looking for something similar, but if you're a ninja with your camera you can probably make anything look good and I want to talk to you.

Ideally I would love someone with a Sony EX1 / 35mm setup, able to shoulder-mount for the appropriate look. But then I also want a million dollars and a date with Elizabeth Banks and I can't have those either. In other words, I'm flexible, as long as you know what you're doing and can show me.

We're currently looking at late January or early February for the shoot. If you're an out-of-towner I can budget for a hotel stay, but unfortunately I can't pay for travel.

Contact me soon: imran at theseventhlevel.net
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:49 AM   #10
Major Player

Hoping to discuss shoot with London DOP

Hello,

I am at the very start of Pre-Production on a feature doc to be shot in Toronto, Canada and London England. No details here, but we can talk via email.

I am currently looking for someone to shoot a little bit of footage of specific sites in London. Prefer a 35mm adapter look to match what we will be shooting for the rest of the film.

Material is time sensitive, so please respond soon.

Pay would be deffered.

Send me a PM or mknayman-at-hotmail-dot-com
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #11
Major Player

Job Posting

Current rates

Camera operator $300/day
Camera rental Sony EX1 with letus $600/day

JIM MONTGOMERY
176 Ocean Way
Vero Beach, FL 32963
(772) 234-7521
jmmnt@bellsouth.net

Highly creative, people-oriented, and down-to-earth professional with 30+ years of experience as a highly successful CEO and 4 years experience in the entertainment industry

OPERATIONS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT
VIDEO EDITING
SOUND DESIGN
TEAM BUILDING / LEADERSHIP

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

* Results oriented, versatile individual with a solid work ethic and natural leadership capabilities to support overall organizational goals for growth and profitability through effective business and financial management.

* Deal effectively with all practical/political aspects of keeping projects running smoothly so director and the rest of the production crew are able to concentrate fully on the creative aspects of the overall entertainment production project.

* Possess the drive, resourcefulness and ability to thrive in challenging environments and utilize superb critical thinking and analytical skills in providing innovative solutions to existing or emerging problems.

* Focus on bottom-line profitability by monitoring and ensuring financial performance aligns with overall organizational goals.

* Sony Certified Editor—Computer proficient in: Windows XP; Adobe Creative Suite; Visual Effects; Microsoft Office: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Internet/email.

RECENT FILM PROJECTS

* Field Producer / Camera / Editor – SFGMedia – “Billfish Adventures” – Episodic Television

o Owned SGMedia; ensure the show got on air—hired crew, provided and ran equipment, served as director, field producer, editor, sound design—negotiated with network for air time.

* Producer / Camera / Editor / Sound Design – SFGMedia - “When It Rains” / “Life Journey” / “Changeling”

o Company owner—show field producer, director, editor, and sound designer; arranged all equipment and facilities, insurance, and payroll; coordinated with the location, created contact sheets and budget reports, and selected and hired the entire crew.

* Producer / Camera / Editor / Sound Design – SFGMedia – “It’s Dark In Here” – Short Film

o Spearheaded all facets of daily operations management from film conception to post production work as field producer, director, editor and sound designer for the film.

* Editor / Sound Design – OpenCut.org – “Susannah” – Short Film

o Editor, sound design.

* Examples of work can be viewed at main7_v7 or Show Reel '08 on Vimeo

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

GRIP / ELECTRIC / SPECIAL EFFECTS COORD. / VISUAL EFFECTS EDITOR
July 2008-December 2008, PRODIGY PICTURES, Albuquerque, NM

* Contributed support to 10-man crew; carried out a variety of film making tasks to ensure success of feature film, ‘A Lonely Place for Dying’ (2009 release) that included prop and set design/construction and lighting in addition to titled positions.

CEO
February 1967-January 1999, JAMO INC., Miami, FL

A manufacturer of setting materials, adhesives, and associated products for the ceramic tile industry with 60 employees and $18M in average annual sales.

* Ran a family owned business established in 1967; took over day to day operations in 1972, and in 1982 designed and constructed a fully automated manufacturing facility, purchased the company and instituted a period of rapid growth.

* Successfully reorganized the company into a fully independent, viable entity in 1996 to ensure it did not simply rely on a single individual, the CEO (self), but through its various manufacturing, business and support units.

* During the reorganization, created a management team to provide sound direction and guidance to the company and established new policies/procedures and measurable goals resulting in a 12%-16% net income vs. the 2% industry average.

* Subsequently, in 1998, a major competitor actively pursued the acquisition of Jamo, Inc.; personally led the team that eventually negotiated the lucrative sale—retired in 1999 and began to pursue a creative career in film making.

EDUCATION AND TRAINING

FXPHD – VIDEO & FILM PRODUCTION, Continuous Training
10-Week Internet courses on all aspects of video & film production

MIAMI DADE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Miami, FL
GPA: 4.0 * Business Administration * Graduated 1972

SPECIALIZED TRAINING

* Sony Vegas Certified Editor, Sony USA, Las Vegas, NV, 2007.
* FCP Studio - Familiar
Old January 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM   #12
Trustee

Hi Imran,
I'm in the Fort Lauderdale area, and have no problem doing the shoot in Orlando, as long as you are paying the hotel. I shoot with two hdv Canons (with identical presets)- the XLH1 and A1. I leave my Letus extreme 35mm rig on the h1, and alternate the a1 for, hand held, steadycam, jib or dolly shots. I own all my gear and can bring it. I'll list it below.
Give me a call or email your number and we can talk more.
Regards
Bruce S. Yarock
Yarock Video and Photo

954-430-1616 work
954-610-4325 cell
yarock@aol.com

Cameras- HD- Canon XLH1, XHA1, HV10, Sony FX1. Canon 6x HD wide angle lens for XLH1.

Digital SLR's- Nikon D200, Nikon D80.

SLR lenses- 17-55 f2.8,70-200 f2.8 VR, 18-200 VR, 85mm F1.4, 50mm F1.8, Tamron wide angle.

Steadycam style rig (Indicam).

Varizoom "Cinevate" dolly with rubber track (quick set up).

Kessler crane/jib (8"or 12").

Letus extreme 35mm adapter with 7 Nikon prime lenses. Used for a more cinematic look, including shallow depth of field and selective focus.

Stabilizers- Dv multirig pro, Tiffen steady stick, cb 105, manfrotto monopod.

Tripods- 3 bogen tripods with 505 and 503 fluid heads.

Lights- Frezzi 50 watt mini fill with soft box for on camera. 2 x 600 watt halogens with soft boxes and barn doors. Fill lights. Additonal Arri kit and hmi's available.

Audio- Several mics (shotgun, hypercadiod, cardiod) Soundevices 302 location mixer. Edirol R- 09 digital recorder. Boom, large mic boom stand on wheels.

Sennheiser wireless lavs with hand held mics.

Back drop-18' wide back drop stand with various color cloth back grounds.

Green screen- Green screen back drop and lighting for professional green screen work
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Hi there.

David is perfectly right! StreamClip is the way to go. I had the exact same troubled workflow and now I stick with streamclip... as an aside jes deinterlace is a handy app to have in the tool box to
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #14
Major Player

Fort Worth Texas HD Interview

I need an interview shot outside of Ft. Worth Texas. This is only a couple of questions, so very quick. I have shot all other material with a Z1, so something comparable would be great. Please respond for more info. Thanks.
Old January 14th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #15
Regular Crew

No Problem. We will shoot interview for you with any HD format if you wish. Including full 1080P.

Please contact 972-968-0600 (Bluebonnet Media Group, INC)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands