Helping Hands from 2009 - Page 29 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old October 30th, 2009, 02:32 AM   #421
Major Player

Looking for camera person for indie film in Sydney (ex-photographer pref.)

Hi! I have been preparing for an indie feature for a year. Scenes have been scoped out. Equipment decided on.
I am going with a 7D as the prime camera, theres really nothing to compare, if you can avoid jello.

Its a romantic comedy. I can give more information later.

I prefer someone with a photography background, or some artistic bent. A painter, musician, etc. Technology can be taught, but the artistic "feel" is harder to get.

I have all the equipment needed, lenses etc. just need the 1 person.

I want this to be a paid job, but cannot afford to pay industry rates - so an ideal person would be someone just starting on video, with a prior experience in photography (i.e. composition). This way it will be a paid learning experience type of a job.

I can also trade time - I work in Sydney as a professional dancer, and teach around the universities, so I could trade Latin, Salsa or Jazz classes in return.

The shots are in the early dawn hours - 5-7 a.m. near the Sydney CBD. Alternatively some scenes are at night.

There are 9 scenes in total and I will film 2 of them myself. There is dancing in the film.

One of the shot is a matrix-style bullet-time sequence with 55 Canon Powershot cameras.

Check this thread ...

Setup for CHDK matrix bullet-time rig with Powershot A450 and A460 cameras

Please pass this on to anyone you think may be interested.
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:40 AM   #422
New Boot

Videographers needed everywhere

Greetings Everyone.

I know everybody's seen ads like this before, and heres another one.

We are building a network of videographers across the country. The videographers will be shooting and editing short business profile videos for a wide variety of companies. By joining the network, you will be offered shoots that are needed for your location. What this means is that by joining, you may or may not ever hear from us, but if we have a shoot, we will call.

We do not require any specific equipment or specific cameras, as long as it is of decent quality (3-chip, or a nice CMOS). You need to have a good tripod tripod, and most importantly, a good microphone (lavalier, shotgun).

For editing, we don't care if it's FCP, Vegas, Premier......heck it could be iMovie if your really good at it. As long as the video can look and sound professional, we're happy.

So, if your interested in joining our list and getting calls if we have a shoot in your area, just send us a quick e-mail with a description of who you are, where you are, and a link to your work. The e-mail to send to is:

videographers@openhousehd.com
Old October 31st, 2009, 11:10 PM   #423
Regular Crew

Help Me Make My Debut Feature Film!

Dear DVinfo Users,

My name is Mike Krumlauf. I am a young filmmaker in pre production on my first feature entitled "Written Images". The film focuses on a story I feel has NOT been told before and i feel it might gain some of your interests as well.

It follows the pains of being a gay teen both in and out of the closet. Information about the film can be seen on its page on facebook.

I set up a donation website that can help me raise money for production. My budget is currently set at 75,000. If you donate one dollar, it can help me tremendously.

Links to the facebook page and donation page are bellow.

Written Images | Facebook [Facebook Page]

Written Images NEEDS YOUR HELP! [Donation Page]

Thanks for your time,

Mike Krumlauf
Old November 1st, 2009, 10:33 PM   #424
Regular Crew

Looking for Production and Post Sound Work

Looking for any Production Sound(Boom Op, Mixer, Recorder, etc..) in the Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, and Alabama Areas.

Looking for any Post Sound Production Work(Dialogued Editing, Clean Up, Mixing, Sound Effects/Design, etc...)

If you have any projects that need help please contact me asap.

Thanks
Nicole

ccproductions803@gmail.com
C.C. Productions - Home (REEL VIEWABLE ON THIS SITE AS WELL)
Old November 2nd, 2009, 01:54 AM   #425
Tourist

Urgent need for a Cameraman in London 03.11.09

Hi all,

I have a friend in London asking me if I know any cameramen in that area, who could help her out with one hour shoot tomorrow, 3rd of Nov. It's really easy job, some person speaking should be documented.

If you find this is a gig for you, then contact her directly:

Elina
elina ( at ) ngo.ee

With regards

Kaarle
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:11 PM   #426
Major Player

just saw the post , email sent
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #427
Inner Circle

Desperate need to hire/borrow XL2 urgently (South UK)

Hi,

My XL2 has died mid-shoot. It's the biggest shoot of the year for me and I nearly cried when it happened.

I am appealing to any XL2 owner within a sensible distance from Farnborough/Basingstoke in Hampshire (say 50 miles?) who doesn't need their camera between now and close of play on Friday and who is willing to lend or hire it to me so I can finish this shoot. It's all indoors and there are three crew in total.

I will gladly pay a sensible hire charge in cash, leave my passport with you, a credit card, my children (well, one of them), my birth certificate - anything you need for security.

I am fully insured against theft and accident (with Photoguard) and can let you have copies of those documents if required.

Is there any kind soul who can help me out? I really am desperate!

I can be reached on 07900 904721 any time.
Old November 4th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #428
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Shooter/Editor Relocated to Vancouver, BC Canada

For those that don't know me from my presence on DVI, I'm an 11 year broadcast veteran having worked with the Canadian national public broadcaster in news and EFP for 5 of those on a "casual" (read "freelance") basis. I have recently relocated to Vancouver, BC from Winnipeg, MB and I'm trying to stay as busy as possible while out here making Van my new home. I'm a workaholic and love to travel for work.

My specialties are:
- character driven documentary style long form;
- live event coverage (conventions, live sports) as technician, director/switcher, camera operator and editor/playback;

I have most of my gear with me in Vancouver as listed below. Rest assured, I am a very conscientious professional and have no interest in "poaching" your clients. If you need a seasoned pro on your next GVA shoot or event, let's talk. I'm also an FCP editor, your suite or mine (FCP 6.0.6/DVDSP3). NO After Effects... (yet!)

Mr. Shaun C. Roemich
(778) 229-4499

Gear:
2 x JVC GY-HD200u ProHD (HDV 720P24/30/60) cameras that also shoot DV
2 x Manfrotto 501 with 2 stage aluminum legs tripods
2 x Light Kits (4 piece Ianiro Red Head) + (5 piece Lowel ProLight) - my RIFA is still back in Winnipeg for now
1 x KTek 9'6" boompole with Sennheiser K6/ME66 short shotgun

Mobile Production Kit
2 x 9" JVC HD monitors rackmounted in roadcase (SD analog & HD component & HD-SDI inputs)

Switcher Rack:
Sony LUMA LMD440 4 x 4" SD monitors
Power Distribution & Work Lamps
Behringer Line Level audio mixer
DVD playback
DVD Recorder
Edirol 4 Input SD switcher

Assorted:
JVC PL lens mount adaptor for mounting 16mm and 35mm cine lenses to the JVC cameras (NOT 35mm SLR lenses)
A whole bunch of odds and sods including adaptors, cables, handheld and lavaliere mics, FRS radios for location work...
Attached Thumbnails
Helping Hands from 2009-roadkit-sfl-09.jpg  
Old November 4th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #429
Regular Crew

Welcome to BC!
Old November 4th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #430
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Thanks Justin! Been a life long dream to live here, just FINALLY become a possibility. We should do coffee some time.
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #431
Regular Crew

Sounds good.
I'm in Mexico next week, but anytime after that should work for me.
Old November 7th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #432
Regular Crew

PAs/Drivers needed in Richmond 11/14/09

Hello,

My company is tasked with providing coverage of the 2009 Richmond Marathon held on Sat Nov 14, 2009 in Richmond Va.

We're looking for the following:

2-3 people over the age of 21 with a valid drivers license to serve as vehicle and/or Gator drivers.

2-3 PA's

There will be some opportunities to shoot during the course of the day as well.

Please reply back if interested and with your rate.
~Mike
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM   #433
Major Player

Where to rent equipment in Baltimore MD?

I'm looking for a place in Baltimore MD to rent equipment (light, bluescreen, audio, etc) for a shoot when I'm down there in December. Can anyone recommend a place?
Old November 8th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #434
Regular Crew

Video Production Gear Available in the Philippines

Students, professionals and visiting filmmakers to the Philippines can now avail of Okara Video's production equipment. We offer only the best in standard definition NTSC camera equipment. Not interested in standard definition cameras? Professional audio gear is also available. In all instances, a caretaker will accompany this equipment to production locations. Post-production services include video and audio editing, optical output to DVD, and videotape output to DV, SVHS or regular VHS.

Collis Davis, Tel. 63-2-567-4351 Cell 63-918-925-1507

For details, go here: Video Gear Rentals

Production vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 4-wheel drive available for rentals. We can go virtually anywhere within Luzon, the Visayas, and some parts of Mindanao on a case-by-case basis.
Old November 8th, 2009, 04:19 AM   #435
New Boot

Filming Live Music in Sydney Australia

Hi All....

I am looking for anyone who lives in the Sydney metropolitan area that might be interested in working with 3 other people on filming live bands.. so far the money hasnt been huge and its not really inconsistent so i wouldnt want to create any illusions, but that has been changing slowly.. Our hope is to find someone who would enjoy it first and foremost the same as we do and then potentially make a bit extra also..

We get to work on some cool gigs. We have worked with some of the countries better bands and also the odd international act so its generally got good production value.. Its also a good team enviroment between the 3 of us.. Whatever we do is available for everyones portfolios, so you can take the work with you and use in your own CV etc...

IF anyone is interested let me know. We have a system on how we organise things and divide money when its there, id be happy to explain it to whoever is keen to get involved.. I can also list our setups and give some examples of recent work.

If you couldnt make it from time to time that is no sweat, we can shuffle things around and usually make it work but it would just be good to have someone we can contact when gigs come up.. Also it tends to be rock bands that we record so if you dont like rock guitar you probably wont like what we're doing..

please email or PM me if interested.. cheers..
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands