Various posts concerning GR-HD1U and JY-HD10U - Page 20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U
All about the original single-CCD HDV camcorders from JVC.

Old April 24th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #286
Major Player

A new 30p to 24p (or 25p) option?

There's this "revolutionary" mathematician who started up a company and is claiming to have created a program that can convert any frame rate to another frame rate. Here's the press release. The plug in is VERY expensive, though. A guy said he saw the various plug ins for himself, and said they are nothing short of amazing.

http://www.algolith.com/media/news/n...=NABfrcPR.html
Old April 24th, 2004, 12:39 PM   #287
RED Code Chef

$1295-1995 isn't what I would call very expensive if it can do
what it claims. This means we can finally watch TV shows here
in Europe from the US without the stutter (some shows are
better than others). Ofcourse it is very expensive for a low
budget film maker. But he or she can just put it up on the web
for anyone to view. This is meant for serious TV and movie work.

If it is really that good then post/transfer companies will probably
buy the plugin(s) and offer their services to us customers at a
lower price since they can split the cost in that way.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old May 1st, 2004, 06:41 AM   #288
New Boot

Thanks anyway..
Old May 1st, 2004, 08:39 PM   #289
Trustee

Wide angle lens question

Purchasing a wide angle lens for the HD10. We are considering the Century optics .65 and the Cavision .65 Both allow zoom through. Now here is the problem. I was going to get a lens with a 58mm thread and an adaptor from 52mm just as in this link from B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=179387&is=REG

I was talking to a support person from Cavision and he told me that I needed to get a lens with a 52mm thread. He said I could not use any of the Cavision 58mm wide angles as the adaptor ring would be visable. Is this true? If so how can Century optics sell their wide angle with a 52mm to 58mm ring adaptor? This system will be working with a Cavision 3X3 matte box which I was told would not be a problem but the adaptor ring for the wide angle would be if I didn't go with the 52mm.

Help.
Ken
Old May 2nd, 2004, 09:29 AM   #290
Regular Crew

SONY sells a 52mm wide adapter for their TRV900 camcorders. The lens is all glass (P/N #VCL-0752H) and it allows zoom through. It might work well with the HD10U as the TRV900 lens has more or less the same angle of coverage as the HD10U lens. Vignetting may still be a problem though. The SONY wide-adapter sells for about $55 on eBay which should be cheaper than something that Century might offer.

Keep in mind that practically all wide-adapters protrude forward and in SONY's case, the front element is about 77mm in diameter. So that may present problems for your matte-box.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 12:17 AM   #291
Trustee

I checked with Cavision if there would be any problems with viginetting when I add the Cavision 3x3 matte box with the .65 Cavision wide angle. . Apparently at the max zoomed out it is boarder line. You can see just a slight amount of viginetting, but if you zoom in just slightly there is no problem. Or you can remove a small amount of the inside edge of the matte box to fully fix any viginetting issues. I figure my trusty dremel with a sanding bit will fix it easily as you only have to remove a slight amount.
The cavision wide angle front is 72mm and is totaly compatable with all their matte boxes.
Ken
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:49 PM   #292
Major Player

HD10u 35mm adapter process (where is it)

Is there a working process for creating a shallow depth of field 35mm like adapter for the hd10u, and where is that process located (a link, etc). I have read the links on the matter on this site and have been unable to locate a step by step process. If anyone knows of such a link I would greatly appreciate it. I have the process for the static gg adapter but the high def poses special problems.

Thanks
Old May 20th, 2004, 10:36 PM   #293
New Boot

GR-HD1 audio question

I have had the camera for about a month now. I love the picture quality on a HD TV. The only problem I have is the audio. I have a XLR mic from Radio Shack plugged into a Samson Mixpad 4. From the mixpad it goes 1/4" adapted to 1/8" to the camera. With the same setup on a GL-1, attenuator off, I was able to get a clear sound from the actors. With the HD1, I get a hiss that doesn't sound good. The mic also came with a cable that goes to 1/4" stereo plug, which is adapted to 1/8" for the external mic. With this, not going through the mixer, the level through the headphones is real low. Is the Beachtek able to fix the problem, if I avoid going through the mixer? I also found SignVideo has a less expensive similar product. I would prefer to go through the mixer, and at this time can not afford a DAT. I tried to search through the forum for a solution.

Thank you.

Patrick
Old May 22nd, 2004, 12:12 PM   #294
Major Player

Anyone used JY-HD10U Cleaning Tape

Anyone used JY-HD10U Cleaning Tape? Any hassle with it or was it fine?

Thanks
Old May 23rd, 2004, 07:03 PM   #295
New Boot

I think I found a solution. I have a Sony MD that can record, and using the mixer and line in, I can record good sound. Instead of DAT, I will try using the MiniDisc.
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:16 AM   #296
MPS Digital Studios

HDV support on tapeless drives?

I found this via a surfer/friend here on the boards.

I have to admit, slapping a hard drive on the back would be a lot easier, esp. since my friend and I are producing HD content together (I shoot, he edits) and he doesn't even have the VH1 deck...

Sorry that the news is slightly old!

heath
Old May 24th, 2004, 11:26 AM   #297
Major Player

Graham

I've used the regular JVC DV cleaning tape - didn't know there was a special one for the HD10. After entering record, the camera told me to use cleaning tape - sure 'nuff, clogged head. Glad I had the tape with me.
Old May 24th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #298
Major Player

thanks
Old May 25th, 2004, 05:37 PM   #299
Major Player

Wide angle lens

I have a wide angle that's too small for the HD-1 but otherwise is pretty nice. If I take the lens into a camera store what sort of thread adaptor should should I ask for for the HD-1 half?

If that doesn't work what's everybody's new favorite choice for wide adaptors for the HD-1?

Thanks all:)
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:38 PM   #300
MPS Digital Studios

Betsy,

Ever shoot that movie?

hwm

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U