Sanyo HD1 footage! - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old February 28th, 2006, 05:51 AM   #361
Major Player

No, I think that processes the image terribly.
Old February 28th, 2006, 07:10 AM   #362
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Louis
after some playing around with the yamb application conversion, i notice 2 litlle drawback :

-it seems that the mp4 files can only be imported into the window one by one
Yes, this tool was designed with the _creation_ of mp4 files in mind, not for extracting thing from mp4 files. You have to process mp4 files one by one, and track by track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Louis
if you try to add 2 or more files into the "audio video" section, it will only demux the first one...can be quite long if you have dozens of mp4 files
but maybe there is a way to change that (there is a divide option but it doesn't do the trick when you wannna do 3 separate conversions of 3 different mp4 at the same time)
?? This section is for creating mp4 files, i don't see why you want to use it ?
You could use the "Join" tool as a trick to process multiple mp4... Join all the files to one, and then demux this big one at once ;)

For the movie maker issue, the poor quality comes from the exporting stage i think, WMV9 at those bitrates is really bad...

If i've time, i'll wrote a better gui for mp4box, with the conversion of Sanyo HD1 files in mind... what sort of features would you like ?
(and then i'll go see sanyo for a free HD1 because i'm drawing customers to them ;D)
Old February 28th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #363
Major Player

Marc and Stephen, please describe exactly how you use it.

I can't drag and drop mp4 files into MP4CAM2AVI and there doesn't seem to be any other way to get them in.

Thanks.

Graham
Old February 28th, 2006, 07:47 AM   #364
Regular Crew

MP4Cam2AVI doesn't work with the mp4 files from the Sanyo HD1, so you have to use a more advanced mp4 tool like mp4box for a conversion from mp4 to avi (for video only ! audio need further processing). For an easier use of mp4box, you can use the YAMB Graphical User Interface for mp4box and his "extract" tool (see previous posts for link).
Old February 28th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #365
Major Player

Yeah, I'm talking about files that have already been through mp4box.

Won't accept them for me..
Old February 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM   #366
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Jones Senior

Won't accept them for me..
as i stated in a previous post , once you demuxed the mp4 file with yamb, it gives you another mp4 file.

that's this file that you can now convert to .avi through MP4CAM2AVI

is that what you wanted to know ?
Old February 28th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #367
Major Player

MP4CAM2AVI won't accept them..
Old February 28th, 2006, 02:01 PM   #368
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mingam
?? This section is for creating mp4 files, i don't see why you want to use it ?
You could use the "Join" tool as a trick to process multiple mp4... Join all the files to one, and then demux this big one at once ;)

actually if i join 15 mp4 files into one, the editing job might be more tricky cause when you shoot 15 files of 15 different scenes it's easier to deal with 15 files in the editing process...that's the reason why i wanted to import multiples files at once into yamb and get mutiple demuxed files....it was to save time but as you told me that yamb only process files one by one si i guess i can do with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mingam
For the movie maker issue, the poor quality comes from the exporting stage i think, WMV9 at those bitrates is really bad...

If i've time, i'll wrote a better gui for mp4box, with the conversion of Sanyo HD1 files in mind... what sort of features would you like ?
(and then i'll go see sanyo for a free HD1 because i'm drawing customers to them ;D)
wow that should be great...so what should i like...euh... i want it to make coffee, wash my clohes etc...

lo just kidding !

actually there is 2 thing that i would like but don't know if it's possible :

1) firstly, i wonder if it's possible at one time of the process (mp4file>yamb>MP4CAM2AVI>avi file) to change the format of the High definition picture to 640 x 480 but with the same quality (you might wanna get a higher quality movie without having this movie in 1280 X 720)

this is because i have a personnal video player by Archos (kinda ipod video in better if you will) and whenever I import newly converted .avi file into it , it says that the picture is too large to be read...and it does that only with the HD pixtures

2) Secondly, this is a sample of a High Definition .mp4 file (by Joseph i think) that i demuxed with yamb then convert wih MP4CAM2AVI...as you can notice the image is not sharp (at least with windows media player)....with VLC player it's ok...is there a codec to import into WMP to get it work nicely (without having the "jumping cars effect" ?)

http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...91GEFDQAQ854Q7

and here i post the original mp4 file to see the difference in quality after demuxing and converting.

http://s28.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...21O907FTY7RRQV

(do you think guys there is much loss of quality ?

3) lastly what would be the cheapest and easy editing program that keep the maximum original quality when finalizing a video project into .avi (cause it seems Windows movie maker is crap) ?

THANK YOU !!! (and i will personnaly get in touch with sanyo for you to get your free HD1 if i eventually buy one :) :)
Old February 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #369
Regular Crew

Quote:

MP4CAM2AVI won't accept them..
yeat it does, i tried multiples times, see my post above

do u have the 2.27 version of MPCAMTOAVI (realease sept 2005) ?
Old February 28th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #370
Major Player

Oh, I've got it.

Like I said, I was dragging and dropping into 'source files'.

You just open in 'source directory' (for anyone else who might be confused).

I've started a new thread about Sanyo HD1 editing by the way - this thread is too long!

:D
Old March 2nd, 2006, 07:32 AM   #371
Inner Circle

Graham, can you condense and summarise everything on this thread there too?

Thanks

Wayne.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:28 PM   #372
Major Player

Sorry Wayne - do you mean in relation to MP4CAM2AVI?

Now that I've installed Vegas 6 I've abandoned it and MP4BOX which I understood you needed to put the files through first. I was just stuck with MP4CAM2AVI for a while because I couldn't drag and drop MP4 files into it. Infact, you have to open them in 'source directory'.

The people behind MP4CAM2AVI replied to an e-mail and said they are doing an update so that it can convert HD1 files.

I must say, Vegas is great for the Sanyo HD1. You can make HDV Intermediates which circumvent the difficulty of cutting with MP4 or M2T and then revert to the original footage when rendering - and you can do a great job of converting 30p to 25p. They may have updated the frame rate conversion capability. It is impressive.

(I know the Sanyo HD1 is not HDV).
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:10 PM   #373
Inner Circle

Just the editing/capture related stuff here.

Thanks

Wayne.

Quote:
Oh, I've got it.

Like I said, I was dragging and dropping into 'source files'.

You just open in 'source directory' (for anyone else who might be confused).

I've started a new thread about Sanyo HD1 editing by the way - this thread is too long!

:D
Old March 4th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #374
Major Player

Vegas 6 is the only other info I have - and I summarized that on the other thread, yes :)
Old March 5th, 2006, 02:42 PM   #375
Regular Crew

Windows DirectShow Filter (DSF decoders

> ...as you can notice the image is not sharp (at least with windows media player)....with VLC player it's ok...is there a codec to import into WMP to get it work nicely (without having the "jumping cars effect" ?)

Yes, there are many H.263 ASP (Advanced Simple Profile) decoders that can decode these files, though your choices with the mp4 container are more limited. I remuxed some of the sample clips to avi and decoded them in Media Player Classic (more features and control than WMP). I used DivX, ffdshow, XVID, Nero -- there are probably nearly a dozen that would work.

For tools, I've also used mkvmerge, AVIMuxGUI, MPEG2 Streamclip, and the others mentioned in these forums, to manipulate the streams.

Google and start reading the forums at www.doom9.org to really learn about this codec stuff ;)

To control your playback (DSFs) in a Windows machine, you'll need Radlight Filter Manager, or one of the players we encoding freaks use like MPC, Zoomplayer, Radlight, BSPlayer, or even MyTHEATRE. WMP just doesn't cut it!

Cal

HD-1 on order!

DivX Forums Moderator - www.divx.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)