Zoom / Focus controllers for JVC GY-HD series Pro HD camcorders - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:20 AM   #61
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walker View Post
I own this one, and it would work fine. It's made for a jib. You can set 4 focus positions and go from one to the next and then back just by pushing a button. You can also adjust focus by twisting the knob, but the control is not real fine. The easiest is to use the presets. This unit will go a lot more than 20 feet.

(Note: on my Fujinon wide angle lens, I had to add a washer under the head of the screw that attaches the unit to the lens. The screw is a bit too long for my lens, but it works fine with the extra washer.)
Jack,
Which Fujinon wide angle lens are you using? What cam do you have?
Ralph McCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2007, 12:29 PM   #62
Major Player

my church is using the same zoom and focus controls from their DV500's on the 110's (i got them to switch over) and they work like a breeze.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #63
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Palmier View Post
I need to control the zoom remotely on my HD100. Can anyone tell me which controlers fit well for this camera? I saw one model from Varizoom and they say it is good for the Fujinon lens on the HD100. Any other makes?
I LOVE my Varizoom for my JVC HD110. Step up from the varizoom for LANC for my sony. Set the maximum speed with the dial as usuall, but you can feather gradually and repeatedly the rocker arm with the max set at any level. I got over a 60 second creep with the stock lens. I'll have to time it again and make sure I'm not exaggerating. It might have been only 45 seconds, but I thought I remembered it was over a minute. Half the price of the JVC zoom. Now to save up for a focus controller and get rid of my manfroto 501 and sticks...
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 02:03 AM   #64
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph McCloud View Post
Jack,
Which Fujinon wide angle lens are you using? What cam do you have?
I have an hd110 and the 13x5.5 lens. The Varizoom electronic controller also works on the standard lens. (I had to add a washer when attaching it to the lens because the screw was a bit too long. Worked fine, not a problem.)
Jack Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Remote Lens Controllers