Check out my music video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old October 2nd, 2003, 05:29 PM   #16
Major Player

Mike,

The video rocked. And, you and the DP did an excellent job with the one room - that is tough. I agree with John, that the strobe sequence did not last too long, rather as long as the solo/break section. It is good to see producers/editors syncing the video with the music, thereby reinforcing the form of the music. I really enjoyed the contrast of the verses/chorus sections to the solo section. The lighting was also fantastic. What lens where you using on the shoot to compliment the lighting, etc.? Keep rockin'!

Clay
J. Clayton Stansberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2003, 03:22 PM   #17
New Boot

Hay I loved the video, you capturered the beat and the action superbly. have a look at my videos if you get time and email me a link if you want your video shown there.
all the best Roy
www.latestmusicvideos.com
Roy Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2003, 03:52 PM   #18
Wrangler

Wow, really nice!

Mike, can you tell a little about how you shot it? Some of it was clearly hand-held. Did you have a dolly? Steady-cam? Which lens?

What did you edit with? I'm particularly interested in editing to music -- do you have any particular theory or style, or do you just do what feels right?

Sorry for so many questions, but it really was nice work, and I'd like to know more!
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2003, 02:19 PM   #19
New Boot

shot well, too bad about the band though.

gerry
Gerald Galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2003, 02:31 PM   #20
Major Player

Thanks guys...

It was shot with a Canon XL-1 (frame mode) with stock lens and a wide angle adapter for a couple of shots. The XL-1 loves RED, so I'm glad we made the set red...I think it helped the way the video looked. Yes, we used a dolly for most of the shots.

Edited on Avid XDV...nothing crazy in the editing, no FX's, filters or anything. My style of editing on a project like this is to edit the band in first through the whole song and than add the shots to support the story. After I have the rough cut, my director sits with me and tweaks it to make the story work as he visioned it.

Check out my short...
http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2474315
Mike Meyerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2003, 09:53 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Hey Mike... I agree with the others, great video. I liked the short too. What was your budget for the music video, I always like to know whats fueling the fire???

Thanks,
Emery
Emery Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2003, 02:18 PM   #22
Major Player

Re: Emery

We spent about $1600...But we actually paid the crew!(2 camera ops, 3 grips, set designer, actress) No one worked for free except for the director and I. It could have easily cost an additional $2000, but we got a great deal on the studio, lights, dolly and all the grip equipment.

The next video we get we're hoping to get more $$ and do it on 35mm. (MTV wont play anything unless it's 35mm or HD) So we're hoping to move up the ladder.
Mike Meyerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 01:47 AM   #23
Major Player

Good lighting

You did this with ONE camera? Lots of takes I guess.

The Actress was good- except for the Stevie Nicks head twitch thing got annoying.

F&ck MTV, 35mm or HD! keeps the rich- rich and the poor poorer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work