Show Your Work 2008 - Page 79 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old December 12th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #1171
New Boot

Music Video ( HV30 ) Check it out!

i sold my sony hc5 and got the hv30 with some accesories and i am lovin it!!

This is a Music Video for a Video Production class in my University for the song "Outside" i hope u like the video,

feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Video: Music Video ( Outside ) on Vimeo
Ibrahim Hodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:25 PM   #1172
Regular Crew

nice!!!!

the only things that cuaght my eye were:

the dolly-you could see the jitter
the choppiness of some scenes

I just purchsed today from bh an hv30(get it tom). quality is great, song is nice too!

good job
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:39 AM   #1173
Tourist

Light Of Eden < Exclusive Teaser HD!

Hey guys just wanted to share our latest film teaser. I will be releasing all the films right after our big premiere. They are all done tho. Anyways enjoy!

Oh and this is the film i showed the screenshots from.

YouTube - Light Of Eden - Exclusive Teaser HD

&

Light Of Eden < Exclusive Teaser HD on Vimeo HD!
FC Rabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #1174
Major Player

Just for fun!

This was compiled together from our holiday footage and really was just done on a whim, and for fun!.

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers.

http://www.derienzo-videoproductions...stratford1.wmv
John De Rienzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #1175
Major Player

ha I bet you guys had fun making that! :)
Erik Phairas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #1176
Major Player

Looks great, nice shoots. Good pace. Excellent mood music. It looks intriguing...I'd like to see it when it comes out.

Did you greenscreen the Pyramid shot?
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #1177
Regular Crew

GRCC Book Prank

Hey everybody!

Here's a short video that I put together. We filmed it while we were waiting for classes to start that morning. Nothing in this video is staged, I just followed my friends around with the camera.

Enjoy!

GRCC Book Prank on Vimeo

SB
Steven Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #1178
Major Player

Hi Erik,

Yes, not intentional, just turned out that way! must have too much time on my hands....

Cheers.
John De Rienzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2008, 11:01 PM   #1179
Regular Crew

Awww come on! It's funny!

And it's short, less than three minutes! AND it's HD! And edited in Vegas.

SB
Steven Bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2008, 01:43 AM   #1180
Regular Crew

"Clean Up" - our YouTube Project: Direct entry

Greetings people! "Clean Up" is our entry for the "YouTube Project: Direct" challenge. We basically rushed last minute to make the deadline. Written, shot, edited over 3 days (around 16 hours total). Check it out and let us know what you think. The story's not that original, for that I apologize. But hopefully you dig the visuals/editing.

Shot on the DVX100A, no adapter.

Clean Up (2008) | AMF Productions
YouTube - "Clean Up" - YouTube Project: Direct entry, Sundance 2008/2009

http://www.amfproductions.com/images/cleanup-stills.jpg
Old December 20th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #1181
Trustee

Post production as I go...

I've been trying to finish this project for about a year. I shot it for a competition (shot 2 other pieces along with it) and failed to complete it in time. The script is a bit convoluted and caused me mental anguish trying to wrap my head around the flow for the edit. Started over a few times, tried different approaches, all failed. I finally figured out a way to get through it and pulled together the pieces from the various fora I'm on and have been sharing my progress with.

I'm hoping that this page illustrates not only the post production workflow I use, but the various ways in which you can change your approach to circumvent problems. I'm currently editing all of the parts form each location separately, even though they are intercut in the script and will be in the final edit. This finally got me through the rut and I'm happy with my progress this time around.

Feel free to watch, laugh, join in the fun, rip it apart (no where near done at this point, but still fun). Keep in mind, I haven't touched the audio or color yet, just assembly editing at this point... we also shot it in a day and a half, so I'm pretty happy with the results... we then went on to shoot another (won its category) short the second day and the third the weekend after (outdoors in 20F weather :) ).

I'm actually very excited to share this with you all as I think it's good to illustrate the post side - not just tips and tricks but how to wrap your head around footage that confounds you and how to approach an angry edit that is snarling at you (carry pork chops in your pockets, they can be mean and bitey).

I've even gone so far as to post the full recordings as they appear on tape in lower resolutions for folks who want to dig into those and edit them as well without having to shoot anything. The sound was shot with an ATR-55 shotgun around fluorescents and resulted in a very buzzy recording which we couldn't do anything about at the time (it prompted us to buy an MA-100 to move to a balanced XLR audio system).

Y.A.F.I.:Nuts2Bolts
Old December 22nd, 2008, 03:32 AM   #1182
Regular Crew

Australia - North south wales

Hi,

I finally finished the first of 5 videos covering our round trip through Australia.

This part shows Sydney, the Blue Mountains and the Ku-ring-gai-Chase national park.
In the German comment at the beginning I explain that we have just arrived in time for the 75th anniversary Harbour Bridge festival and that the trip will take as from New South Wales to Queensland, the Northern Territories, Western Australia and on the way back home to Dubai.

Australien Teil 1/5 - New South Wales on Vimeo

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver Reik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:26 PM   #1183
Major Player

This is double dipping, but what the heck-

I put my film up in it's entirety:
Charlie's Game - OurFilmSpace.com
Dennis Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #1184
Trustee

Finally got off my butt and re-edited this..

Prick is a short film about relationships, specifically the difference between what we think & say.

I still think it needs tightening up but I'd really appreciate any comments and critique

3rd edit of Prick on Vimeo

I know, I know - who in their right mind posts on Christmas day?

This film would never have been made if this forum wasn't around, the advice and information I've gained here has been huge. Per Johan from UWOL even helped out with footage so it's really a DVInfo community effort in a way.
Old December 25th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #1185
Major Player

Candidly, I thought it was "perfect". I liked it very much. The mix levels were good and overall I think it was an excellent production. For me a primer in VO levels and use.

Thanks for sharing... even on Christmas. A nice present.

Chris
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work