Timecode doesn't transfer on CF import at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270
Handheld and shoulder mount versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:28 AM   #1
Contributor

Timecode doesn't transfer on CF import

I have yet to be able to figure out why all of my HDV m2t clips that I import from Compact Flash do not transfer the corresponding timecode in my NLE (Premier Pro Cs3 w/Matrox RT.X2). Every clip starts with 00:00:00:00. I know I am recording continuous TC while shooting, I am using record run. Timecode transfers fine when capturing from tape. I start the TC using 1 hour for the first tape/CF card, 2 hour for the second tape/CF card, etc. All the settings in CS3 seem to be fine and like I said, tape capture does indeed transfer the corresponding TC. I use the Sony Recording Unit Utility to import all of the CF clips (it automatically joins the long clips together, the ones that go over 21 minutes long). Let me know how to import the correct timecode for clips from my CF cards? Thanks.
Old May 24th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Major Player

I haven't had any trouble w/ TC & FCP. I don't know Adobe too well, so if you're not getting much help from this forum, maybe take a peek in the Adobe editing sections. See if anyone else is having TC trouble w/ any type of card transfer from cameras like the Z7, or AVCHD cameras like the Canon HF# or HMC150.

Good luck.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-Z7 / HVR-S270