How do I make my EX-1 files H264 or MPEG? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 21st, 2008, 10:35 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Anything I can do to get a better picture is for me! I'm in hog heaven with what I'm getting with the EX-1. You're talking to someone who has gone from PD-170s to the EX! I skipped the whole HDV era because it just didn't make that much difference to my eye.

If I could get rid of these pesky motion artifacts--horizon lines--I'd be a very happy camper--I'm only seeing these on the WD TV HD Media Player, btw.

I'm irrevocably committed to 1080i60 to the tune of ten months of shooting and over 600Gs stored so please don't even HINT that I can't get a decent master from all this beautiful footage (is suicide painless?)! I was hoping to release (three titles) in Blu Ray but it seems obvious that a decent BD customer base is some time away and that SD will be what I market first.

Best,

Arthur
Arthur Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 11:29 AM   #17
Inner Circle

I am sure you can the get great picture quality from 60i. If the master on the NLE is great you can get great picture out. Maybe field choice has something to do with it.

Sorry I can't help more at this point since I have not shot interlaced footage in a few years.

I am sure some people with a lot more knowledge than me regarding interlaced footage can help you out. It does not sound like Picture Profile at all.

By the way I am going to start burning Blu-Ray off my Mac Pro with the MCE burner this week. I think the time is now for Blu-Ray.
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:11 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cronin View Post
I am sure you can the get great picture quality from 60i. If the master on the NLE is great you can get great picture out. Maybe field choice has something to do with it.

Sorry I can't help more at this point since I have not shot interlaced footage in a few years.

I am sure some people with a lot more knowledge than me regarding interlaced footage can help you out. It does not sound like Picture Profile at all.

By the way I am going to start burning Blu-Ray off my Mac Pro with the MCE burner this week. I think the time is now for Blu-Ray.
I hope you're right, Paul! The last thing I want to do is downconvert the beautiful images this camera produces. My wife and I have marketed a series of DVDs on the mountains of NC/TN and one on St. Augustine Fl over the past twelve years. We first shot with one of the first DVX1000s, then the PD170. We so want to release in Blu-Ray. I think Sony needs to get the price of the titles and players DOWN. Of course the current economic s+++ storm isn't exactly helping things along.

Arthur
Arthur Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cronin View Post

I hope you're right about Blu-Ray, Paul. The last thing I want to do is DOWNconvert!

Arthur
Arthur Hancock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds