Very first impressions of my PMW-350 - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 9th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #61
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
And yes Paul, when the cam is switched off, it defaults to the standard scene file, you have to reload the one you want.

Edit: No what am I saying? It unchecks the scene file, but it retains the paint menu settings.

1.) Load a scene file.
2.) Edit the Paint menu settings.
3.) Switch cam off, then back on.
4.) When it comes back on, the Paint menu has the settings exactly as how you left them, but they may be different from the scene file if you changed anything.
5.) Load the scene file to re-enable the defaults of the scene file.

Thanks Tom that is what I am finding. Reload the Paint setting each time but the values are the same as prior to shut off.

Thank you for the MTF work and posting the best detail values. I will make the adjustment to my Paint settings.

I guess 30p would be closer to 24p then 60i?
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #62
Major Player

What about Auto Focus of the bundled lens?

THough I am not a fan of AF there are certain situations where are happy to have it.

On my very first steps with a loaner unit I found the AF to react very fast and accurate - due to better lattitude?

WHats your experience?

Thanks

uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #63
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cronin View Post

I guess 30p would be closer to 24p then 60i?
30p and 25p would identical to 24p. I have confirmed this before. And 50i would be at least as good or better than 60i. (59.94).

*********************************************************************************************

Did you look to see what happens to the Scene file presets in your Paint menu when you "Store All Presets?"
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #64
Inner Circle

Thanks Tom I thought that might be the case but better to ask.

I have only saved my Paint settings one at a time so no I have not "Store All Presets".

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds