Steadicam Pilot and FX1 extra weights at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 5th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Major Player

Steadicam Pilot and FX1 extra weights

Hi,

Im looking to buy a Pilot for my FX1 with large battery and hopefully the Sennheiser wireless on the top.

Will I need any additional weights over and above the supplied ones? If so can you recommend some numbers as I want to get them at the time of ordering.

Many Thanks
Old June 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Danny,

I think the FX1 is only around 5 pounds, so yes, extra weights will help.

First, I would recommend a tripod adapter to make it easy to switch between sticks and steadicam. If you have Manfrotto sticks, then the 577 adapter works well:
Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 577 Quick Release Adapter | 577
This adds around 1/2 pound.

The steadicam battery pack is around 1 pound, so you're up to 6.5 pounds. The screw-on weights supplied with the Pilot add another 1.5 pounds, so now you're up to 8. Ideal total weight is right up at 10 pounds (camera, camera accessories, & Pilot battery), so you'll want 2 more pounds of weight. Sennheiser G2-100 receiver & cable only adds 1/2 pound (including 2-AA batteries).
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...00_Series.html

Bottom line: If you will always fly with the Sennheiser G2-100, you'll need to buy 6 more screw-on weights. If you want to leave the wireless audio off sometimes, you'll need 8 more screw-on weights.
Steadicam | 801-7920-05 Middle Balance Weight with | 801-7920-05

Hope this helps.
Dave Gish is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)