DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Howdy 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/1996-howdy-2006-a.html)

Scott Jensen October 28th, 2006 05:18 PM

About to start my next biggest adventure

For the last fourteen years, I have been a marketer. Last seven as VP of Marketing for Fariel Consulting LLC. Before that, I was an independent marketing consultant. In 2003, an old client of mine commissioned a white paper on peer-to-peer networking and the entertainment industry. http://www.filehash.com/p2p1 It was just before RIAA went around suing home users of p2p networks. So far, the paper has been on target. It predicted the backlash against the RIAA. It also started my interest in p2p entertainment. I produced a pilot of my own talk show but the editor caused it to die before it went any further. Another lesson in barter deals. Currently, I am in negotiations with a poker site to produce a weekly poker show and distribute it over p2p networks. Due to the nature of the show, it looks like I will be doing it in another country than mine (mine's USA). However, I am really ready and looking forward to the change.

Alvaro Nannicini October 29th, 2006 12:50 PM

I dont live in Rome

but if u have specific question and undestand my english :-) maybe i can help u, bye bye, Alvaro.

Rob Lohman October 30th, 2006 06:42 AM

Hi Scott, welcome aboard DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

All the best with your project,

Steve Spires November 6th, 2006 11:07 PM

A survivor from the New Orleans area

Hi all! This is my first post on DVi. I am a third grade teacher at Honey Island Elementary in Slidell, LA. I am close to retirement and have been pursuing videography since Hurricane Katrina hit. My desire is to be a full-time videographer in the next five years.

I just purchased my first semi-pro camera ... the Canon GL-2. Now, I'm ready for some serious video work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rob Lohman November 7th, 2006 03:31 AM

Hi Steve, welcome aboard DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Cuong Dinh November 8th, 2006 09:55 AM

Hi Jim,

I live in DFW. I shooting only HDV with Z1. Wedding Even is my main job. You can check this my site

http://www.cuongdinhvideo.com

Cuong Dinh

Ted Ramasola November 8th, 2006 12:10 PM

HD Production In Bohol Island, the Philippines

This is a very hospitable place to hang around.. More power to the people who run this forum.
If theres anybody interested to know about our islands and the Video production we do, do drop by here.

Ted Ramasola
www.ramasolastudio.9k.com

Laura Beth Love November 12th, 2006 04:07 AM

A Return Visit, it's been too long.

Hello DV forum. I wanted to re-introduce myself, as my last login was a year and a half ago. I'm an LA-based cinematographer, the large majority of my living has been earned with the DVX-100/ mini-35 combo.

I started on the forum a couple of years ago with a post of the first, raw mini 35 footage I had shot. For fun, i will now post a link to my current digital reel.

www.lblove.com

And if any of the guys I've spoken with in the past are still around... Hello!

Rob Lohman November 12th, 2006 05:19 AM

Hi Laura, welcome back, it's good to have you with us again!

Chris Marty November 29th, 2006 05:27 PM

Need Help? Services for Independent Filmmakers.

Hey all. Some of you I've spoken to before, some I've not. I've been a member of the forum here for a couple of years, and have found it to be on e of the friendliest, most helpful communities of indie filmmakers on the planet.

As such, I thought I'd let you all know that after completing our second feature film, my company, Rusted Rhino, has decided to offer services to other people who have probably experienced some of the same troubles we went through during our growing process.

We found, quite simply, that most post-production facilities (none of which we ended up using) charge exhorbidant rates for things that we were able to obtain the equipment and knowledge for and complete for much less money. Color correction, upconversion, editing, titles, etc.; everything costs a fortune.

We're also finding, now, that not everyone has the time or money for initial investment, and, while in between projects, want to offer ourselves to you.

Check us out at www.rustedrhino.com, or email info(AT)rustedrhino.com.

Thanks all, and keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Christopher Marty
Rusted Rhino Production Company

Jeremy Speakes December 15th, 2006 02:34 PM

New from Arkansas

Anyone else from around this area? I live in Jonesboro.

Donald Blake December 22nd, 2006 07:36 PM

Montreal!!

Hey everybody! Salut la gang!

I'm from Montreal (great city by the way!), video production has always been a great hoby of mine, but now i'd like to get more serious. i'm learning vegas 7 to work with my HDR-FX1, I learn quick by myself but i sure would use a hand, i could help filming stuff in exchange? i've got alot of great equipment, lighting kits, mics, tripods, greenscreen, crane etc... any one interested?