Hello From South Florida at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 10th, 2002, 01:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Miami, Dade Broward Florida People

Hello everyone, Local to Miami Florida.

I would like to meet other NL Editors, Camera people, Students, from this area. to share ideas, and assist in shoots or editing. I am very open minded and creative.

My background is computer arts, audio, and remixing music. If you ever need assistance give me a call. I am also open to helping people Amateur or Experts in Video Editing, DVD, and Shooting, College or low budget documentries or low budget movie or commercial shoots.

Have fun, and Happy Holidays.
(954)441-4446
gerez@bellsouth.net

---
PC Based editor: Adobe Premier Pro, Canopus DV Storm Pro. SONY VX2000, Panasonic DVX100a

George Gerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2003, 01:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm up north in Orlando but I thought I'd say hello! Name's Tim. I have an xl-1s and avid and am interested in documentaries and just about anything anyone wants to hire me to do. I've been trying to do some documenaries but my subjects seem to be too busy. I'll shoot a day or two and they disappear on me. Ah well. Atleast i have my paying customers!!
Tim Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2003, 09:12 AM   #3
Capt. Quirk

Hello all!
I'm up on the East coast of Fla, in Palm Bay. I'm also in much the same setup and situation as both of you. Some equipment, experience, and an edit system. Of course, not enough work or decent help to really make a go of it.

I have taped some music performances, events, and lots of editing for SurfGuru.com. I also have done some animation/3D, but none of serious caliber... yet.

In any case, it is always great to meet new folks, and exchange stories and ideas, even work together from time to time. You never know where you might end up :)
Keith
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2003, 12:20 PM   #4
Trustee

I'm in the Orlando area too. GL-2 rig with the usual assortment of audio/video equipment. Web developer by trade, but doing the filmmaking thing on the side...

Imran Zaidi
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2003, 04:10 AM   #5
New Boot

Shooting In Fl.

Hello to all,

I have been reading the threads daily and have started one or two like the other day, where can we get some Ballcaps that say DV like in a black hat.

Anyways

I'm Videoscape and I reside along Florida's Space Coast, Brevard County. That is really close to Orlando Fl. if anyone is a shooter, editor, sound editor, or just really anybody interested in production action, mail me at

Videoscape@cfl.rr.com

This place Rocks!!!!!!!
Old February 15th, 2003, 12:56 PM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Looks like I'll be in your neck of the woods next week... I'm doing a Dell Call Center blitzkrieg through Florida, for Canon USA. Wednesday I'm in North Orlando, Thursday I'm in Fort Pierce.

We're working on the ball cap thing. Look for an announcement coming soon.

Since you've registered, we've changed our forum policy here at DV Info Net and we're encouraging the use of real names (it's now a requirement, in fact). Please take a look at http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/misc.php?action=faq#name and shoot me an e-mail so I can update your account info.

And if you want to get together for coffee or a beer (preferably beer) next week, then let me know! Welcome aboard,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2003, 01:01 PM   #7
Trustee

I actually live a mile from downtown Orlando myself... Chris, what is it you guys at Canon are doing with Dell? Anything interesting for us consumers?
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2003, 08:30 AM   #8
Major Player

A friend of mine is a dell rep for convergys in Orlando. I live about 30 miles NW in Lake county. If you need anything while your here just email. Maybe I could bribe you with beer to change my username now.
Don Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #9
Capt. Quirk

I'll be in Orlando Tuesday, for the WEVA seminar. It will be a long day. I signed up for everything from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
Keith
Old February 18th, 2003, 07:08 AM   #10
Obstreperous Rex

Convergys is where I'll be in fact. Looks like I'll be on the North Orlando side on Thursday afternoon the 20th... I'm wrapping up at 4pm. If any of you guys want to meet for dinner up in that area, shoot me a phone number by email. Hopefully I'll get it; depends on the hotel internet access situation.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2003, 04:55 PM   #11
Regular Crew

i used to werk for convergys there, its in lake mary. i highly recommend the resteraunt across lake mary boulevard there, stonewood. great food. the bartender is my old roommate. god i miss that weather...

Trey Perrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2003, 07:21 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Hmmm, just how many Floridians are on this board? Especially Vegas users from FL?
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2003, 08:49 AM   #13
Capt. Quirk

Joe-
Yes to Fla resident, sometimes to Vegas. How's that?
Old April 24th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #14
Major Player

In Fl.

Hello,

right outside of Orlando Florida.. Have PDX10, NLE editing sytem, AfterEffects, Lightwave, Photoshop and more..

Mike Moncrief
www.digitalcanvas.net
Old April 30th, 2003, 08:13 AM   #15
New Boot

Hello from South Florida. I joined the boards a few weeks ago. Its good to see so many Floridians.
Carolyn Burgess is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood