Greetings from Great Britain, United Kingdom - Page 17 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 28th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #241
New Boot

Re: Greetings from Great Britain, United Kingdom

Old newbee from North London here... I used to work in the field but I took a 12 years break and just back to see that things have changed a lot while I was away having another career... It's very exciting to see that great tools and stunning picture quality are now so much more accessible. I look forward to exchange ideas with you guys, and hope to catch up a bit on lost time .

Cheers
Serge Kouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #242
Regular Crew

Hello to fellow Brits. I think I'm going to like it here.

It's pretty amazing that Gavin Thomas, who started this thread aged 17, is 26 now. I wonder what he's doing these days.

His most recent (64th) post was in 2006 and I've invited him back to tell us how it's going.

I found this: Gavin Thomas - YouTube

And this: Gavin Thomas | LinkedIn

Let me know if my investigative journalist instincts get a bit too heavy. I just like stories.
Martyn Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:29 AM   #243
New Boot

Aha! So this is where I should've posted my hi!

As a born and bred Londoner, I'm a hobbyist who's shot a few short films, music vids etc... although have shot a couple of bits and pieces with pros who've needed a last-second stand-in.

- my reel (not very good I know but getting there...)
Paul Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #244
Tourist

Hi Everyone. thought I had said Hi but maybe another forum
I live on the edge of the New Forest in Fordingbridge. That is between Southampton and Salisbury.

I have been taking photos for about 10 years now and recently took a few videos and decided to extend my repertoire.
I have thought of joining a video club - there is one in Southampton and one in Bournemouth. Also Poole Arts College does a short course on video so possibly have a go at that.

I have my Canon camera but also bought the Canon Legria G30. I subscribe to Adobe CC so as you can have a go at any of the software I have been looking at Premier Pro and that also takes you into After Effects. My mind is now totally blown.

this was my first video but it is of my horse so obviously I am particularly besotted with this.
Editing was using Windows Movie Maker.
Sue
Sue Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #245
Inner Circle

Hi Sue, an interest in both horses and cameras... Now that could get expensive! ;-)

Welcome to DVinfo.
Old October 11th, 2013, 02:27 AM   #246
Tourist

Thanks Andy. You are so right - horses are very very expensive. I have had them all my life and Argentina was probably the best. I decided that I am too old to carry on riding - dont like to hit the deck - so I used that video in the for sale advert and, quite rightly, she sold immediately. A very lovely girl and very lucky people to have her.
Anyway all my energy is now on photography and also video. At least you can put cameras in the cupboard if you dont feel like using them. :)
Sue
Sue Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #247
Regular Crew

Hi From Essex UK

I have been a stills shooter for many years and have decided to give Video a try.

It certainly looks fun and introduces a whole different set of skills

Phil
Phil Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2014, 12:01 PM   #248
Regular Crew

Waves from Oxfordshire :)

Here's a recent short I filmed and edited.

Paul Ekert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2015, 11:47 PM   #249
New Boot

Hiya from Newcastle

Been a keen film maker for about 8 years... new kid on the block then!!
but coming coming up to retirement looking forward to getting more filming done!!!!

Already dived in and sampled the talent on the forum with some great responses. ..

happy daze!!!

Some youtube stuff available at ... stepheng 2423

Cheers
Stephen Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2015, 09:05 AM   #250
New Boot

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a voluntary basis for the SonsTrust, a football trust associated with Dumbarton FC, who currently play in the SPFL Championship in Scotland. I shoot footage of games and edit it for the "SonsTV-Dumbarton FC" Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/SonsTVDumbartonFC). I'm an amateur, learning the ropes slowly but surely, using an HVR A1E/DN60, Clipwrap and Final Cut Pro 7 for editing.

I got into video through diving, although filming UW is exceptionally hard, and I've yet to be pleased with what I've shot so far! I'm also experimenting in a small way with timelapse although working full time for the NHS doesn't leave me much time, especially with the SonsTV stuff which eats up the bulk of every Saturday!

Learning loads through reading through the posts on here!

Dave
David Jenkinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood