Greetings from Great Britain, United Kingdom - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 17th, 2010, 01:08 AM   #211
Inner Circle

Er, Primoz...........

As the UK guys seem to have given you the flick, shame on them, but understandable sort of, may I suggest you start an equally worthy "Continental" thread here?

You seem to have boundless energy and enthusiasm, go for it.

Er, Colin, a word, if I may.

Stop it.

The wars are over. Scotland will eventually be totally independent (not far off now, don't even think about importing the struggle here) and CH and the rest of DVinfo do not give a FF what you think of the current political arrangement in the UK.

My suggestion, one DVinfoer to another - do not use terms like "war" and such like in posts, it's really not necessary and is incredibly intimidating to non English speakers.

Just my PO.

(Oh, I'm a UK citizen, BTW, just in case).

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:23 AM   #212
Trustee

Primoz, thanks for that correction! I was mainly joking but it is also just a matter of accuracy - we have folks from all over the UK here, and a few from Britain who live abroad now but have asked to be included on the dvinfobrits list.

I don't use any of the chat programmes myself - I spend far too much time on dvinfo as it is! There is so much to be learned here from other enthusiasts and professionals all over the world.

Perhaps you might want to take up Chris's suggestion of a thread for contributors from Continental Europe, or maybe Twitter / @DVinfo/members will help you make personal contact with others here to exchange ideas.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #213
Regular Crew

Berkshire-based Filmmaker says Hi!

Hi all! New to the forums- thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a filmmaker based in Reading, Berkshire and while I do a fair bit of corporate and event work (for myself and as a freelancer), most of my experience is on small-scale fiction. While I can turn my hand to most things, Lighting Cameraman is my most common job title but I'm trying to move more into directing since it's what I love more. I consider myself a storyteller first and foremost and a technician second.

I'm always looking to network, particularly with other local filmmakers, so feel free to say hi! Or drop by my website Enborne River Productions- Main
Daniel J. Brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #214
Trustee

Welcome, Daniel, as the 370th dvinfoBrit! This is a great site with a very large number of helpful folks ready to give advice and share their experience. There are some very experienced members here based in the UK (and some ex-pats as well) and you will get to know them as you read.
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:29 AM   #215
Regular Crew

Cheers for the welcome, Colin. 370th? There's quite a few of us from these isles then...
Daniel J. Brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:40 PM   #216
Trustee

dvinfo Brits update

It's about time I reposted as the list has grown a bit since September when I had names of 300 Brits apparently active here on dvinfo. Again, if you know of any inaccuracies or omissions, please let me know. If you would rather not have your name on it for security reasons, colleagues in BBC Wales can arrange to have Cybermen delete you.
Attached Files
File Type: xls DVinfo Brits 19_02_10.xls (84.5 KB, 373 views)
Old February 26th, 2010, 04:34 AM   #217
Regular Crew

Thanks colin

Thanks Colin for the addition. I somehow always find it difficult to find this thread hence the delay.

Kind Regards
www.ifilm.me.uk/media.php

Last edited by Manish Pandit; February 26th, 2010 at 04:38 AM. Reason: speling
Manish Pandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #218
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manish Pandit View Post
I have been on DVinfo for a couple of years mainly browsing posts, didnt realise there were so many of us from the UK. Greetings guys.
That is how I started learning how to film/edit/ what to buy, never having held a camera in my life before.(I am a consultant doctor in the UK)

Just came back from a successful screening of my first film "Krishna:History or Myth" at the Nehru centre in London. Went very well, more screenings in the UK expected and will invite people from DVinfo who can turn up if in London/Birmingham or wherever the screening is.
Film is being screened around the world sort of spontaneously roughly every 2 weeks.

Saraswati Films | News and Events
Films that make a difference
I thought you might be here! Good to see you on here Manish!
Craig Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:23 PM   #219
New Boot

Hi guys, I'm matthew (32), everyone calls me Maff, I'm from Leeds. Always been interested in film making since my older brother used to make films starring me on his cinecamera. I've been a lurker on here for quite some time but decided to join last year. I mainly make home movies with my kids but I've dabbled in music videos and more recently with weddings for people I know.
Maff Mace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #220
New Boot

Another newbie

Hi
I've just discovered this thread after a link from Colin...

I'm Tony. Based in Leeds. I've recently moved into video. I've worked in radio for 20 years, with experience in audio production and web. I now freelance and I'm looking to build my skills. Hello all.
Tony Fogarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 07:49 AM   #221
Tourist

Hello to everyone in the UK.

I'm a newcomer to video since the purchase of my 7D just before Christmas. I have been a keen stills photographer for the last few years, and I am enjoying getting my head around the differences between stills and video, especially the getting out and playing with my camera part! (Not so much the waiting for transcodes and renders!)

I've been lurking here for the past few months, but decided it was time to jump in, and join the commmunity.

I'm based in Macclesfield, and my main interests are wildlife photography, and a bit of night/low light too.

Have a peek at my website for a bit of my stills stuff.
Ben Tutton Photography - Wildlife photography in Cheshire

See you around.
Ben Tutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM   #222
Trustee

Welcome Ben. I have indeed had a peek at your website - good stuff. Your photos are quite striking. Looking forward to seeing more videos.
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #223
Inner Circle

Great website and some superb pics Ben! Welcome!
Old March 16th, 2010, 04:51 AM   #224
Tourist

Hi all,

Another new member in the UK.
I am a full time pro photographer, and have been watching closely the needs of my customers and the divergence of stills and video. I have decided that now is a good time to start looking at video as an additional service. I have purchased a sony HD1000 and have already got one Wedding video under my belt. I appreciate that some may not be happy and think that i am taking business away from them, but looking at how the industry is moving forward i believe that stills and video will eventually be offered (and expected) as one service. Just look at how many stills cameras shoot video, and how many video cameras take stills. Its still early days, but better to get in at the beginning and not too late.
Hope to learn lots from the forum, and hope i can give back as much.

Cheers

Paul
Paul Bonning-Tyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #225
Trustee

Welcome, Paul. At least you bought a proper camera and are not just using your DSLR :-)

That was a joke BTW folks, flames not required!

We are all one big happy family here really, with a great deal in common and lots of experience to share whatever our route into video.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood