Hello from New Jersey - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 31st, 2003, 08:16 PM   #46
Wrangler

Re: Just another newbie from South Jersey

<<<-- Originally posted by Bernard Diaz : since I bumped into this forum, I've fallen asleep on numerous occasions-->>>

Maybe we should try to be more interesting, so you don't fall asleep... ;-)

Welcome, from a neighbor in Medford!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2003, 06:06 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Just another newbie from South Jersey

Editing must be you forte Boyd. You forgot to include the reading away . Awesome Forum part. Hah!
Thanks for the welcoming.
Medford is a beautiful place to live.
Bernard Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2003, 06:07 AM   #48
Wrangler

Where in Vorheese? I'm there every weekend, my gf lives there. Man it's a small world.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2003, 09:15 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Is that your girlfriend or your grandfather?
Anyway, I live in Aluvium.
If it's your girlfriend, come on over on Sarurday I'm having a cookout. Im having some of my friends over for some good food and some beer. If It's your grandfather, and you think that he could handle it, bring him over, he's totally welcome as well.
Email me. Starts around 4PM.
I was interested in the possibly cheking out your the screening at Prince theater in Philly.
Come on over and grab a bite to eat.
Old August 4th, 2003, 12:03 PM   #50
Wrangler

It's my girlfriend. Yeah she lives in that neighborhood across the street from the Beagle Club, not sure of it's name.
Thanks for the invite- but I got it a little late beings today is already monday. I have to check this forum more often.
Let me know if your gonna make it to the wed. night screening at the Prince. I'd love to meet some of the people from the board!
Old August 5th, 2003, 06:12 AM   #51
Regular Crew

Re: Screening at the Prince.

If I can get out of work early enough on Wednesday, I'll be able to go check it out. Sorry, but unforutnately I can't say for certain if I can make it or not.
If I remember your description correctly, you're tall with glasses right?
Hopefully I'll be alble to track you down if i make it.
Any other descriptions about youself that would help?
As you can probably guess by my last name, I'm Hispanic.
I'm 6'3'' tall, 235lbs, tan, short black hair, early...OK mid 30's ha ha!
Old August 11th, 2003, 04:02 AM   #52
RED Code Chef

Bernard,

Those topics have been discussed a lot already, please use
the forums search feature. If you still can't find a good answer
for you try asking the question in the approriate forum [this is
an introduction forum].

Thanks!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2003, 02:13 PM   #53
Regular Crew

My 1st thread

This was my 1st thread. Unfortuntely, I realized that these questions were not appropriate for this forum until after sent it.
I'll try to me more concious about what I ask and where I post it.
Old December 14th, 2003, 04:09 PM   #54
Tourist

Monmouth NJ

Hey I'm 15 yrs old from Holmdel NJ. I do editing from my XL1S with and Avid Xpress DV. Anybody else nearby?
Old December 15th, 2003, 08:38 AM   #55
RED Code Chef

Welcome aboard Sean! Good to have you with us.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2003, 06:18 PM   #56
Regular Crew

What's up Sean? Sending a shout out from South Jersey.
Welcome to the board.
Question,
How does a 15 year old get his hands on an XL1S?
It took me 'til the age of 34!
Stick with it buddy.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 07:54 AM   #57
Wrangler

LOL...c'mon you can't be suprised. I see 17 year olds driving around in BMWs. I'm with you though- I didn't have that kind of privelage before I was of age to work.

Anyway, hello from S.Jersey as well. Welcome to the board. Maybe he's the new Alex K.- he was an ambitous 15 y/o (haven't seen him post in a while)...though he didn't have the gear you have. Good luck- and like Bernard said STICK WITH IT!
Old March 1st, 2004, 11:47 AM   #58
Trustee

An Idea: South Jersey Digital Filmmaker's Group

The only two neurons revolving around my brain housing group occasionally bump together and form a thought. Well, an idea hit me not unlike the way Beethoven's ideas had hit him: His best stuff came to him during carriage rides. My idea hit me during a car ride.

I need feedback on this: I'd like to form the South Jersey Digital Filmmaker's Group. Like minded individuals passionate about all aspects of digital movie making who get together to discuss, plan and execute projects of varying lengths to be eventually shown at our local movie theatre. The meets can take place over coffee "Bohemian" style at local diners, or we can meet at a different member's home at prearranged times. If many individuals come together, pool ideas, expertise and equipment, we can churn out quality stuff.

Let's say, for example, certain people get together and make a fifteen or twenty minute movie. Well, if we wait until enough clever folks offer their short movies we can rent a two hour chunk of time and show everybody's movie at our local theatre which already has this ass-kicking DLP projector they use to show about twenty minutes of advertisements prior to the film-projected feature. The projected video picture is bright and clear and I believe we can give people their money's worth. Hell, if each filmmaker brings his own family and friends to the theatre, we might actually fill the place to pay for rental fees.

There's one theatre in my home town in particular which is managed by an aspiring filmmaker who tried to give it a go in Hollywood but has since returned for reasons unknown. If enough people are interested, I can approach him to see what's what.

So reach out to me and let me know what you think. This approach is used for book readings, agents use it for script readings so why can't filmmakers use it to make films? Drop me a line and tell me if it flies: Invfraudguy@hotmail.com

Thanks for your ears
Hugh DiMauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2004, 11:50 AM   #59
Major Player

Starting out in Northeast New Jersey, USA

Hi all. While I've been posting on the boards for a few months now, I've never made a formal intro...

I'm a 23-year-old guy living in Northeast New Jersey (10 minute drive into NYC, minus the ungodly traffic). My town is nestled directly between Paramus and Paterson (two very different worlds!), for any of you who know NJ.

I am a senior at William Paterson University's Communications School, and I'm working toward my 1st BA as Communications Major, with a concentration in Film and TV, and a minor in English, with a concentration in Writing.

I was 2nd AD on an indepedant television pilot last summer, and have done some freelance editing (mostly home movie, and sports montages) for locals and friends of friends. So far, that has been my only professional work experience.

I am using my indepedent production company with another filmmaker friend, Derek, to produce short films. Two are currently in production stages, with another in pre. My heaviest influence is Wes Anderson, and my friend's is Lynch, so our own productions are pretty subversive, and strange (read: not going to make a dime :}). I'd love to hear about anybody else here doing work in the NJ/NY area.

I'd like to eventually be an auteur (Writer/Director/DP...I know, I'm even laughing at my own ridiculous optimism), but am heavily into the photography aspect right now, which led me to these boards. This has been the best DV site and community I've run across to date (most knowledgeable, helpful, and polite), and I'd like to thank everybody here who has helped further my own video and film education at the expense of their own time and patience. I can only hope to give back, as much as I've learned, to others.

PS - At the risk of getting this intro moved to Job hunting board, I'm interested in helping any productions that need hands or hearing from anyone that would like to get together and possibly start a small production from scratch, for fun and experience.
Jesse Bekas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2004, 01:51 PM   #60
Regular Crew

Hello From NJ

Hi everybody. I'm in southern NJ originally from Northern NJ (Bloomfield) and moved down here about 2 years ago. I'm shooting with a Sony DSR-370 and editing with Canopus right now but am going to make the switch to Final Cut very soon.

If you need help with a project don't hesitate to call. Keep the networking going. Speaking of networking I'll be attending the NJVA "North Jersey Videographers Association (NJVA.org) meeting tonight,it's a good group to learn and share ideas if anyone is interested.

Take Care.
Mike D.
Mike DelliSanti is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood