Hello from New Jersey - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 25th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #106
Trustee

Welcome!

Hiya Rob!

I'm in the Atlantic City area. I'm about to shoot a 30 minute short (I have the local acting studio, Weist-Barron Ryan, of New York furnishing the professionals I need to shoot this thing). I just checked with Ursela Ryan yesterday who advised me that her assistant is doing a character breakdown and will have the talent complete a script read through to allow them to pick and choose their parts. So, reach out if you want. Maybe I can use the help since I'll be shooting interiors with DV Rack and exteriors without (I guess I'll need a camera operator for the interior stuff so I can work the laptop. I'll have to settle for a Jersey guy since a certain young lady in Idaho won't be able to make this shoot as my "A" cam operator. She'd better be able to make the next shoot or I'll notify her union rep! ;-))

Welcome. Jersey is a great place to shoot movies.
Old January 25th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #107
Wrangler

So, Hugh....you're throwing on the guilt then trying to soften it with that "young lady" talk, are ya? Well, it won't work with me. ;) Believe me, though, I'll do everything I can to be there for the next one.

Rob, I don't know your time table or if the move is even certain. But, if it is, I'm hoping you'll take Hugh up on his offer and let me know how it goes. I want to be prepared!

Honestly? You'd have a great time, because he's a great guy. And his screenplay is really good, too! :)
Old January 25th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #108
Trustee

Sweet Talk Will Get You Nowhere

That's right, Lorinda, Dear. Pile on the syrup and whipped cream. Drizzle the honey from the plastic squeeze bear. Throw around the peppermint soap. All of your sweet words will not get you out of your obligation to help make my movie a hit. I'm no fool! I always try to hire the award winning talent! Yes, gentle readers, in case you don't know, Lorinda took home top honors for this last DV Challenge. So yeah, I'm gonna hire the the one woman who's gonna make my movie look great (she also has a dolly crane!). Movie making is a team effort.

My only concern at this point is the difficulty in shooting two scenes: A full moonlit beach at night and a passing thunderstorm at an outdoor cafe. I will think of something but mark my words, I will shoot those scenes. I will make them happen. Practice practice practice.
Old February 7th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #109
Regular Crew

I'm in NJ as well. Jackson, NJ. Just moved there from Linden, NJ and I commute to NYC for work still... What a drag.
Jay Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #110
New Boot

Semi-Jersey Guy

I'm in the Philly suburbs but try to spend as much time as I can at my house in Wildwood Crest "down the shore". I figure I spend almost half the year there . . .weekends and all summer. This June I'll be moving the G5 and 30" monitor there . . . but it's tough to edit on those beautiful summer days when the beach is calling just a few blocks away in one of America's best beach towns! The Jersey Shore Rocks!
Paul Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #111
Regular Crew

OK sorry, looks like I'll be heading to LA now.... Im in LA as i type and its only 50ish and I'm freezing!!!!! (hello.. im from hawaii...)

I appreciate all the friendly help though!
Rob Onekea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #112
Regular Crew

Ocean County here

Hey, I just wanted to give a shout out to the Jersey crowd. I've been in Nevada for many years, but I was born in Passaic County and raised in Ocean County. I came west after high school.

I return to New Jersey every summer to visit family. This is not a good thing for them because they usually end up spending their lots of their hard earned cash on me at Great Adventure.
Scott Cozad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #113
Major Player

Ocean County

Been in Ocean County most of my life except for a few years out of punishment for bad behavior as a TV news reporter/anchor. Back since the late 80's. commute daily to Trenton.

For those local, I play sax with the Hillcrest Gang, (www.thehillcrestgang.com) any gigs they have at the Red Lion in Brick, I will be there. (cutting back on my playing out due to time constraints)
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #114
Regular Crew

Lbi?

Bill, I'm from the Long Beach Island area. How about you?
Scott Cozad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #115
Major Player

Toms River
Old February 24th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #116
Wrangler

Welcome Bill! Back in the 1970's I had my first "real" job as tech supervisor for the performing arts center at Ocean County College :-) Have always liked that area, and I still try to get out to Island Beach State park whenever I can.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #117
Major Player

Hi Boyd,

Your name is kinda familiar. I attended OCC from 77-79. Journalism courses etc.
I actually attended the last Valhalla... remember that?

Bill
Old February 25th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #118
Wrangler

Hmm... I musta missed that because I don't know what "Valhalla" is (aside from the mythical one ;-)

I was working at OCC a few years before you actually - 1972-73. Those were some fun, wild times!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #119
Major Player

Hiya Bill, I'm in Lawrenceville, near Princeton. Not a native, but have been here since '86. Don't think I'll live anywhere else, although provincial France has its appeal.
Jack Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #120
Regular Crew

I actually live in Lawrenceville as well. I'd continue to live for a good while too if I could afford it :)
Tim Gray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood