Hello from New Jersey - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 8th, 2005, 06:31 AM   #91
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Miraglia
Thank you! I am looking forward to getting further educated by these message boards and networking more with all the talented people here..

Thanks Again!!

Frank M.
Hey Frank! I'm building my new house in Jackson, NJ! Can't wait to get in there.

Are you a film maker?
What kind of camera do you use?
Jay Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2005, 06:35 AM   #92
Regular Crew

Jay from Jersey

Hey gang! Excited to be on this board.

Soon to be shooting with the Canon XL2 (tomorrow perhaps)

anyway, I'm a film maker working on my next project to run into the festivals. Script is just about done and things are heating up! WOOHOO!
Old June 12th, 2005, 05:18 AM   #93
RED Code Chef

Hey Jay, welcome aboard (H)DVinfo.net! Good to have you with us!

Good luck with your new camera (it's awesome!) and movie, keep us informed
on how everything goes.

Cheers,

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2005, 02:38 PM   #94
Wrangler

Hi Jay, from a fellow New Jerseyan. Glad to have you with us!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2005, 08:57 AM   #95
Regular Crew

thanks fellas
Old August 23rd, 2005, 12:14 AM   #96
New Boot

Matt From N.J.

Hello, Matt from Old Bridge N.J. here. I have been a Videographer on a cable T.V. series "Our Community" produced for channel 12 in Matawan N.J. in 1997,Videographer for a concert video( Proformance at the Luna Stage in Montclair N.J.) for N.J. musician John Taglieri,and Produced,Directed,Videographer and Co-Editor(along with Jack Ballo of Ultravision in Millstone N.J. . www.ultravis.com )of "The Forge" wich is a document of the Wedding Reception of Vivien and Darren Mohammad. I like to stay in touch with anybody from N.J. . Feel free to e-mail me at dcinema2134@yahoo.com .
Matt Helme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:04 AM   #97
Wrangler

Hi Matt and welcome to DVinfo!
Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:10 PM   #98
Regular Crew

Anyone in New Jersey??

Hey all,
There is a possibility in the next couple of months that I may be moving to New Jersey and I know absolutely no one there. I would love to get connected before I get there. I may even be looking for a gig or two... hehe....

I dont know exactly where we will be moving to but it was mentioned as "Jersey Shore".

aloha!
Rob Onekea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 08:21 PM   #99
Wrangler

Hi Rob,

Lots of people have a stereotype of New Jersey as a turnpike surrounded by chemical plants and toxic waste dumps. That's fine, it helps us keep just how nice this place really is a secret. I live in the southern part of NJ, about halfway between the shore and Philadelphia which puts me on the edge of the Pine Barrens - a million protected acres of woods - I have several acres of my own here.

It's a great place, and there are some nice places at the shore. Not much happening there in the off-season, but that's the time of year I like the best. Pretty crowded in the summer but it's a non-stop party.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it and make lots of new friends. And New Jersey politics are a constant source of amusement also ;-)
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:08 PM   #100
Wrangler

Aloha, Rob!

Two of the finest friends I've ever known live in Southern New Jersey. One of them is a member of this board! I'll point him to this thread.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM   #101
Regular Crew

Thanks for the replies! I've been doing video for about 2 1/2 years now and have only begun to scratch the surface. I've released a commercial DVD with music video's I've directed, shot and edited and it's been incredible.

My main forte' is music production though. I've been doing that since 91 and truly love the musical aspect of video. I'm hoping to establish the same type of contacts that i have here in Hawaii in Jersey. The only thing I've heard is that it's really reallly realllly realllllly cold there. (compared to hawaii of course).
Old January 4th, 2006, 08:31 AM   #102
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Onekea
The only thing I've heard is that it's really reallly realllly realllllly cold there. (compared to hawaii of course).
Yeah, well compared to Hawaii.....

The climate varies in NJ quite a bit. Far northern NJ is mountainous and gets a lot of snow. A couple days ago they had 8 inches but here in South Jersey we just had rain and temparatures in the mid 40's. Personally I find the winters very mild, especially after living in upstate NY for 15 years. I think I can count the days where the temperature fell below freezing this seaons on one hand so far. We typically get some cold weather in January and February, and a few significant snow storms. But the ocean really moderates the cold. It 's generally 10 degrees colder if you go 40 miles west of here. And it might be 5 degrees warmer still at the shore than at my home.
Old January 4th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #103
Regular Crew

I just did a Google Earth search and noticed that New York is relatively close. Is it close enough to say work in the city or is the commute to crazy? Being more in the music industry those were my initial thoughts about moving.
Old January 4th, 2006, 02:21 PM   #104
Wrangler

Sure lots of people commute - often spending hours a day on the road. There's also Philadelphia where I commute... about 25 miles due west of my home. To get to our office in Center City Philadelphia it takes me maybe an hour and fifteen minutes during rush hour, or 40 minutes late at night.

With either Phila or NYC, if commute time is important then you need to study the rail maps. I think the train from NYC goes down the shore as far as Point Pleasant.
Old January 5th, 2006, 05:20 AM   #105
Tourist

Anyone in NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Onekea
Hey all,
There is a possibility in the next couple of months that I may be moving to New Jersey and I know absolutely no one there. I would love to get connected before I get there. I may even be looking for a gig or two... hehe....

I dont know exactly where we will be moving to but it was mentioned as "Jersey Shore".

aloha!
Ya ya, we are here, so just don't come out here and claimed you discovered this place.

It will be great the have our numbers increased by one more. There is lots going on in NJ, near the shore is Silent Bob although we haven't met and depending on where you move to you may be able to profit from the NY scene.

Welcome in advance, you can email me and I'll point you in some direction.
Ernest C. Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood