Stenhouse_popUp_UWOLlongform - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 4th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #16
Regular Crew

The green screen went well this week has been hectic though so this coming weekend i hope to tidy it up and show you guys :) every thing is very very diy the main problem i have been encountering is the lighting of the scene so that there isn't a whole bunch of colour bleeding, but its great fun!

Also I am totally intreasted in marketing it. I am surrounded by game reserves with plenty of curio shops, also I was thinking that it might be a project that i could get the local aids orphanedkids to be involved in, by being the kids in it and I hope that i have designed the pop up book ( the real one ) in such a way that its construction could be a township project .

that way they get to be in something cool and also have proceeds go to a good cause. Well a bit of a brainstorm at the moment any way. I am quite interested in the humantrian vs environmentalist issues so being involved in projects which work with benifiting both people and animals is pretty cool.

Mike-
I love his sense of humor, recently repeated his earth zoom out the after effects version not his proposed weather balloon idea :) I am going to be using soildworks for my 3D stuff once it gets here, african post is something else! I was kindly dontated it. I am more familar with the pre autodesk maya though, in my previouse game programmer life i used to write intergrated artist tools for it but i can't wait to get cracking on it. there are somethings i just can't get paper to do!

Jen
Jennie Stenhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #17
Trustee

Hey Jennie

Well firstly, a very creative idea and I can see that for the target audience it would be a fun method of getting over the information. I have to say I usually don't struggle to visualise peoples ideas but I'm having a little trouble with this one. I get the core concept but I'm just struggling with how it will work over a 20 minute piece !? Some great footage, I'm very jealous of where you live, it must be stunning! By way of critique it could use some grading (some shots were quite washed out) and some better use of composition.

Anyway, I think you are certainly going to bring a new flavour to uwol and I look forward to seeing things 'unfold'....bum bum :-).

Keep it coming!
Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge