Best 7" LCD 16:9 Monitor w/good 4:3 as well? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old December 7th, 2004, 09:19 AM   #31
Trustee

In all fairness the company I am dealing with is not an ebay company but an automotive specialty store. The guy who runs it is sure that the he has the 619 (touch screen) and another model that has not touch screen but he is sure that it is the same res as the touchscreen. He is checking directly with Lilliput now. On lilliput website they do not list a VGA non touch model. They list one that looks just like the 619 except all silver with no black at all. It indeed looks exactly like the 619 except the specs say 1400x234. So as soon as I find out I'll be buying from him.

Thomas......Do you really feel that there is not a significant glare from the 619 you own? Because the only reason I am considering the non-touch model is that the guy who runs the automotive video shop claims it is less reflective. That is the only reason I am considering it. IT is also only $20 less than the touch whuch leads me to believe it is the same res. I just want to be sure.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:47 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Glare

Marty there is a glare, but it is the same on my lcd TV, on my two 19" lcd monitors from LG, my 19" lcd monitor from Samsung and my notebook. The important question is if it will cause problems when you shoot outside. Until now (okay it is not summer) I had no problems in-or outside working with this monitor. But if there will be maybe in summer under horrible conditions a situation causing problems do not forget you have your viewfinder, or you can buy an Video Hood (have a look at:)
http://www.hoodmanusa.com/H700.asp

to get rid of this problem

Greetings

Thomas
Thomas Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2004, 09:58 AM   #33
Trustee

Thanks. I know all LCD's have glare to some degree. But it was eluded to me that the Touch Panel screen had more than a normal LCD would. That is why I am asking. If you feel that is in line with most LCD and not excessive then that is good enough. Just out of curiosity have you seen or heard of the model I was telling you about that is not a touch screen but is still 2400x480 resolution? Lilliput site only lists 1 VGA screen and that is the 619.

Thanks,
Marty
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:08 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Marty

I have never heard about this 2400x480 screen, maybe they do not sell it in germany. But I have seen a Marshall 7" display cost about 4000 $ this was really impressing. But not for my budget. I am working from time to time together with german tv producers they have very good equipment, one of them his name is Mark showed me this Marshall screen. But anyway he owns an Sony Digital Beta Camera and an XL2 and he told me that he likes more to work with his XL2. He said picture quality is the same but the handling from the XL2 is better. I had a good laugh cause I think this Sony Beta Digital cost with his lences about 50000 $.

Have a nice day

Thomas
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:28 AM   #35
Trustee

Thomas

Just wanted to return to my question for a moment...Can you eleborate on your comment that the image didn't look so good when coming from a video source as opposed to from the computer? Was the image blurry, pixelated...in other words...worse than you would expect from a video source, or simply not as defined as the one coming from the computer (which of course is much higher in resolution)?

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:47 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Blurry

Barry I am not exactly shure what you mean. I try to explain with my words (please do not forget my english is not so perfect). It is not pixalated. It looks not so sharp like in your viewfinder but only a little little bit. A little little little bit washen out but minimal. We speak here about nuances not about an unsharp or blurry picture.

Greetings

Thomas
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:44 PM   #37
Trustee

Re: Marty

<<<-- Originally posted by Thomas Wagner : I have never heard about this 2400x480 screen, maybe they do not sell it in germany. But I have seen a Marshall 7" display cost about 4000 $ this was really impressing. But not for my budget. I am working from time to time together with german tv producers they have very good equipment, one of them his name is Mark showed me this Marshall screen. But anyway he owns an Sony Digital Beta Camera and an XL2 and he told me that he likes more to work with his XL2. He said picture quality is the same but the handling from the XL2 is better. I had a good laugh cause I think this Sony Beta Digital cost with his lences about 50000 $.

Have a nice day

Thomas -->>>

2400x480 is the number of pixels not the res. Sorry. here are the specs from Lilliput directly.

Model Number. 619GL-70NP (XGA)
Key Specifications/Special Features:
Screen size: 7 inches digital
Ratio: 15:9 wide TFT screen
Resolution: 1,152,000 pixels(2400X480 dots)
Color configuration: RGB stripe
Video system: PAL/NTSC
2 Video inputs plus 1 Audio input
VGA input (USB interface)
Touchscreen display (optional)
IR remote control
Full function OSD control (Multi-language)
Audio output: Speaker built-in
Video input signal: 1.0Vp-p, composite video
High resolution and no radiation (better for eyes’ protection)
Computer display/S-video/DVD/VCD/Security system/Navigation system compatible
(Rear view camera connectible)
Mount type: Dash board
Power input: DC 12V
Power consumption: 9W

vs the non vga model:
Model Number. 618GL-70NP
Key Specifications/Special Features:
Screen size: 7 inches (diagonal)
Ratio: 16:9 wide TFT screen
Optional 4 display modes: 4:3<-->16:9 <-->16:9 Zoom<-->4:3 For CCTV
Resolution (H x V): 1440 x 234 = 336,960 pixels
Color configuration: RGB stripe
Video system: PAL/NTSC/SECAM auto conversion
2 Video inputs plus 1 Audio input
IR remote control
Full function OSD control (Multi-language)
Audio output: Speaker built-in & earphone jack
Video input signal: 1.0Vp-p, composite video
Reversible screen: X-turn (mirror picture) & Y-turn (flip-down picture) available

High resolution and no radiation (better for eyes’ protection)
DVD/VCD/Security system/Navigation system compatible
(Rear view camera connectible)
Mount type: Dash board
Power input: DC 12V
Power consumption: 9W

That is what I am referring to. I thought you were the one to point out the higer res of the ouch screens to start with Thomas!?? I am thinking of someone else?

Either way the actual screen res in 2400x480....like a regular PC or mac res. IT is the number of pixels.
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:47 PM   #38
Regular Crew

4:3 16:

Marty the non VGA looks better to me.

4:3 16:9

I think the resolution in RGB mode is the same like the VGA model.

Greetings Thomas
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:04 PM   #39
Trustee

Nebtek makes an adapter that is designed to convert regular canon, sony or panasonic camcorder batteries to 12v for use with LCD monitors. The image shows a small DC cable with a plug on the end coming from the adapter. Does this actually fit the Lilliput? Steven? Do you know by chance or is this strictly for the NEbtek?
Old January 2nd, 2005, 07:24 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Lilliput with Nebtek Picture

see here:

http://www.twa-film.de/Nebtek.jpg
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #41
NEBTEK

Hi Thomas,

That's a real nice conversion... Do you want a job working for us?
We did one recently for Rion Gonzales in Canada, but he wanted the PRO Box addition as well.

There is one thing I think everyone should consider before buying a Lilliput (I have posted this reply in other discussion circles as well):

This is just to correct some of the discussions I've seen on the forum about the Lilliput 7" monitor. I took some time looking into this and verifying all the facts before posting. Because if what I was reading was true, I definitely wanted to add these monitors to our product list. Unfortunately... it was not.

None of the Lilliput 7" monitors have close to a million pixels. The highest they have is 384,000. When they give the RGB at 1.1 million they are talking about dots. Three dots (red, green and blue) equal one pixel. Any company saying 1.1 million pixels RGB is trying to mislead the consumer as to the true resolution of the monitor by listing dots as pixels. Take the 1.152 million figure and divide by three... your back at 384,00 pixels.

Unfortunately I am beginning to see an alarming trend develop. Even large corporations (like Panasonic) are beginning to use this listing in order to not have their product look inferior to their competitors. It does not mean that there is any better resolution... it is way of mis-representiong itself as something it is not.

By the way, we compared a top of the line Lilliput 7" to the Panasonic for 3 days straight. Although it had a very nice picture it still looked soft in comparison to a "Panny".

-Rob
Old January 20th, 2005, 10:13 PM   #42
Regular Crew

I bought the Panasonic TC-7WMS1 from NebTek. It is equiped with a Canon battery mount and the image is very clear - for me ideal for focussing.

They also supply a nice bracket which fits in the hotshoe.

I am truely impressed with this LCD.
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:42 PM   #43
NEBTEK

Hi Nico,

Thanks for the good word... contact me if you ever need anything else.

-Rob
Old January 21st, 2005, 02:57 PM   #44
Regular Crew

Hi Rob,

I did not realize that you also cruise along this forum. Good to hear from you - my LCD works like a dream - sending you e-mail.

I bought the Canon HC-3200 system case for the XL2 and the LCD fits perfectly as well as all my other assesories - even the 3x wide angle lens!!

Regards,

Nico
Old January 22nd, 2005, 06:40 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Hi Rob

Thanks for the job offer but I think there a few thousand miles to much to come to work in time every morning. Anyway I am not any longer pleased with the quality of the Liliput Monitor. I have done a lot of outdoor work in the last month. I think now the Liliput picture is not bright enough. I am thinking about buying the panasonic hopefully without paypal problems HaHaHa. (insider joke)

Greetings from Germany
Thomas Wagner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software