Giant Squid for wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 19th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #1
New Boot

Giant Squid for wedding

Hi everyone, Just wondering what I should purchase from the Giant Squid website for a wedding. I wondered about the cable lengths and what your recommendations were for white/ black colored mike... Also what iRiver I should purchase. I was hoping to purchase what I needed before the 25th while they are still on sale so if you could check out the website and let me know what I need. Thanks for any advice.

Heres the site

http://www.giant-squid-audio-lab.com/gs/gs-mono1.htm .
Hilary Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 05:20 PM   #2
Major Player

Contact Daniel Runyon on this subject. He's a member here, so you should be able to find him. If not send me a private e-mail. He has done a lot of research on Giant Squid mics.
Old February 20th, 2006, 08:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Hilary -

Purchase the Giant Squid Iriver Omni Mono Microphone - it was designed specifically for the IRiver. I have 2 of the with 2 foot cords which is the perfect length for the grooms mic. I would suggest on purchasing one white mic for the grooms who wear white so it's not as noticable.

I have one IRiver 790 & one 890. I purchased them from ebay for around $50 - $60 each. They work great and am completely impressed with the sound! If you get a 890 have Giant Squid put a right angled plug on your mic. The input is on the side of the 890. With the 790 the input is on top so you'll be fine with out the right angle plug.

Hope this helped!
Heather Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Ditto to what Heather has said. You can use the 700,800 and 900 series Irivers. The 900 series uses a recharcable battery which I am not wild about. 128mb I river (the 780) will do about 1 hr 45 minutes at the highest mono quality. You can add another hour and 45 minutes for every 128mb thus a 795 with 500mb would record 7 hours at the highest quality.

Mike
Mike F Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques