Can't believe DVDA 4.5b with Dual Layer and thanks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 5th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Major Player

Can't believe DVDA 4.5b with Dual Layer and thanks

to the guy who posted that Nero can save your neck!

I had to burn my first Dual Layer project for a wedding that went two hours, I was using a Asus Lightscribe burner, can't remember the model, and everytime I hit the Make DVD button it crashes, or takes like 30seconds to a minute to go to the next screen.
Then when you burn it, it doesn't execute the 2nd layer properly or something as the DVD stops half way through when layers change, this is whilst continous playing or selecting the chapter from the scene selection menu.
So a free program thrown in with a $40Aus DVD burner does a better job than a 'professional' program bundled with Vegas for $695Aus when handling dual layer. (And yes you can't author as with DVDA but come on, dual layer burning should be without a hitch!)
I used Verbatim both -R and +R disks to make sure it wasn't the format, both had the same result.
And if wasn't for that other post which was like a year ago, I'd still be stuck! So thanks and a heads up for other players, and Sony in the words of 'The Goodies' comedy, for all the British and Australian players in the baked beans advert "Get it Right!"

(edit: another heads up, it all worked ok, but it didn't seem to quite handle the text shadow well, looked more like ghosted text than a shadow, so if in a bind and you need to use Nero, make sure to check you text!)
Adam Letch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...