Another Bug - Ignore event grouping at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 14th, 2008, 05:57 AM   #1
Major Player

Another Bug - Ignore event grouping

I have an event, "Ignore event grouping" was turned on, (accidentally), I then cut a section ( two places) & removed it & then realised on dragging the far one back that it was not grouped with the audio. However, it made no difference when I turned I.E.G. off or on, they just would not group. - Is this a bug or not ?

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 06:07 AM   #2
Inner Circle

no. first get the A&V sync'd. Easiest way is right click on Audio, then goto MOVE (by slipping)-once sync's highlight both and press G to group the 2. Now when you have Ignore Event Grouping turned OFF you should be fine.
To me what is a "bug" and always has been since version 2 is being able to determine that IEG and some others is ON or OFF. The icons don't really tell the story.
Maybe it just my old eyes.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 07:12 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

When you split them separately with Ignore Event Grouping turned on, you killed THEIR initial grouping as well. Bug? probably not. Unintended result? definitely.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Don & Edward.

I thought it might be something like that, but I am still surprised that it would act this way as the original event was virtually from the camera & perfectly synced.

Surely I.E.G. is either ON or OFF, regardless of what happened before, - and yes Don, there could be a more obvious indicator when these switches are applied. Wih my elderly eyes I realise that all these things are designed by young people with excellent vision.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #5
Old Boot

Well, Ron, how would it be for those of us that do not want the Grouping to remain AFTER a split? Can you imagine that? Here I go and repeat your process, with all the intention of killing the grouping relationship ONLY to find that at some point the Grouping was STILL in effect? Now how would THAT be? Can you imagine the mess I could get into?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2008, 03:38 AM   #6
Major Player

Yes Graham, I can imagine, as it is like my previous post, you would expect the thing to do as you selected, - ON or OFF, regardless of what went on before, - not stubbornly have a mind of its own.

RonC.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...