Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old February 4th, 2004, 10:29 PM   #256
Sponsor: JET DV

You mean syncing audio to external preview? You can adjust that sync in Options - Preferences.
Old February 5th, 2004, 03:01 AM   #257
Regular Crew

DVDA, Blank device and speed menu's?

Hello all, I had hoped that my first post would be a more positive one but; I'm trying to burn my first menu based DVD and I had no problems putting it together. Bummer was that I burned onto a DVD+R that will not play on any of my 3 DVD players but plays fine on my PC of course. So I read that DVD-R's seem to be more compatible to most home players so I rushed out & bought a 5 pk of DVD-R's but now when I get to the Select Burn Parimeters window the Device and the Speed drop menu's are blank and not selectable which will not allow me to click finish.

Is this being caused by the media I bought?

To see what I am seeing I ran across the same screen capture in Douglas Spotted Eagle's book on page 364, example 11.42.

Up till this point the whole V4, NLE, DVD thing has been a breeze, I hope it is just me being an idiot (is it plugged in?).

Thanks in advace.

Shane
Old February 5th, 2004, 06:42 AM   #258
Regular Crew

Vegas MPEG2 render settings for MyDVD?

Please help. I've searched for other threads discussing MPEG2 encoding from Vegas and compatibility with various DVD authoring software. This hasn't answered my specific concern.

From Vegas, I rendered using the DV NTSC setting to create
the MPEG2 file. Once rendered this file plays fine in Windows
Media Player. When I try to burn the DVD using Sonic MyDVD, the program cancels during the writing phase and gives an error message stating the file is not a valid MPEG2 file. I use Memorex DVD+R media and have tried Fuji DVD+RW with the same results.

I was previously able to render a working copy of this same project (I hadn't inserted titling tracks) and burn a DVD using the same settings.

I suspect something in the rendering settings produces a file
not compatible with the video DVD standards or at least not compatible with what MyDVD requires.

Any help is appreciated.

Joseph
Old February 5th, 2004, 06:44 AM   #259
Inner Circle

What make and model burner do you have?
Some will not see certain media.

Check to see what the mfgr. says about media for your burner.

Don
Old February 5th, 2004, 06:49 AM   #260
Inner Circle

Your best bet for MyDVD is to render to AVI in Vegas and then import to MyDVD (get movies icon or control G) and let it bring the avi in and convert it. That should solve the problem.
Don
Old February 5th, 2004, 10:09 AM   #261
Major Player

Batch Capture 2 questions?

Hi,

1. - What is wrong?:

I´ve been trying to do a Batch Capture but the batch capture button on the menu doesn´t activate. It stays gray... I think I´m doing every step the way I´m suppossed to..
It´s not that hard of a process... ?¿?

2. - Is there a script or anyway to do a batch capture from a text file or a XLS? or anything to avoid going clip by clip?
Old February 5th, 2004, 10:55 AM   #262
Regular Crew

The Plextor PX-708A, I checked out Plextor's compatability page after I posted this question and found that both brands of DVD-R I tried to burn were not on their list (Sony & Memorex).
Now the Maxell DVD+R I burned, DVDA did recognize but it will not play on my set-top players (All picky Toshiba models btw).

I had also read on the Sony forums that most people consider the Memorex's as garbage but at least they did not lock up my PC like the Sony disc did. I upgraded the firmware on the Plextor and that stopped the Sony DVD-R from locking up my PC but DVDA still will not recognize it.

Thanks Don

Shane
Old February 5th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #263
Inner Circle

Did the mfg site list any DVD-R's or is the burner strictly DVD+R,
also, some DVD players just won't play certain media.
I have 4 DVD players and 1, which happens to be the fanciest as well as the oldest (about 2 1/2 years old) won't read any of my DVD-R's but all the others including another by the same mfr as the other player reads anything I put into it.
Goofy!
Good Luck,
Don
Old February 5th, 2004, 11:26 AM   #264
Regular Crew

Supposedly it will burn +, -, RW, I just hope it doesn't burn my toast...
Old February 5th, 2004, 11:26 AM   #265
Old Boot

Can you explain, exactly what you are doing to Batch capture? A greyed out button isn't good.

Grazie
Old February 5th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #266

Take a look at issue #5 of my newsletter http://www.jetdv.com/tts

Basically, it will remain grayed out if:

1) You haven't logged a clip
2) You don't have device control enabled.
Old February 5th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #267
Regular Crew

I just tried my third brand of media, a TDK 2X and DVDA will not reconize this disc also. TDK is on Plextor's compatability list.
This is getting rather frustrating.

Just how picky is DVDA?

Can I use another burning program (Roxio, Nero), to burn the Audio_TS and Video_TS files that DVDA prepared?

Thanks again.

Shane
Old February 5th, 2004, 01:28 PM   #268
Regular Crew

WOW !!!!

Thanks a bunch Edward.

There is only one cloud left in the sky now , How can I be certain that I am on or not on the track header.

Thanks

Phil
Old February 5th, 2004, 01:54 PM   #269
Wrangler

Depends on the way you went about adding the effect. If you right clicked/ clicked the fx button/ or dragged an effect from the effects palette at the bottom into your clip then the effect is on the clip level.

To apply the effect to the entire track you have to click on the fx button in the track header or drag the effect from the effects palette on to the track header.
Old February 5th, 2004, 02:03 PM   #270

I almost always click on the FX button to add an effect. If I click on the button on the clip, I KNOW the effect is at the clip level. Same if I click on the effect button on the track header. If you drag the effect, just make sure you drag it to the right place.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...