Vegas Video discussions from 2004 (Q1Q2) - Page 55 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old March 16th, 2004, 08:24 AM   #811
Sponsor: JET DV

You'll also notice, if you look below the preview window, that the framerate drops as well. Yes, things can look funny the more effects you add.
Old March 16th, 2004, 08:26 AM   #812

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson : Yes you can but no audio will be available.. -->>>

Depends on the audio format of the DVD. If the audio is AC-3 then no audio will be available. If the audio is PCM, it will play the audio fine.

Remember, the VOB file is really an MPEG file and Vegas will use it with the same limitations as other MPEG files.
Old March 16th, 2004, 08:30 AM   #813

Alpha channels are only saved if you render uncompressed AND check the alpha channel box anyway.

This IS a good thing for people to check if they are having problems transferring between applications. Another option would be to use Satish's Frameserver software and frameserve from Vegas to the other application. This should also bypass the 2Gig limit (as there really is no file).
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #814
Inner Circle

Just a thought - is there any way to convert an avi that has been rendered as OpenDML to non-OpenDML (ie without having to re-render the entire .veg project)?

Thinking about it, I suppose that one could put the OpenDML avi on the timeline and render that with"save as OpenDML" unchecked.

Would there be any loss of quality doing it this way do you think?

Interesting to learn about Frameserver. I shall explore!
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:54 AM   #815
Regular Crew

TEXT somthing like (Fight Clubs)

Hey guys & gals,
I am working on a intro to my documentary. I want to get something that looks "raw" or "hard" (I hate words like that - they sound so Hollywood). Anyway, I know where I can get the fonts I like. The problem I am having is that I am trying to get the flicker and jagged look. I tried the "film" filter in Vegas and that was okay but not the same. Is there somewhere where you can download more filters and or effects?
thanks
Michael
Old March 16th, 2004, 10:05 AM   #816
Major Player

In PAL land, DVDs could also have mp3 sound. I guess that's also ok for Vegas?
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:46 PM   #817
Major Player

Newbie question about Joining after a "S" command split

Hi folks, after spliting the video using the "S" command in Vegas how do I join the sections back again (not as a transition but a straight cut, edit and join). Sorry if this is a very basic question, but I have not been able to find the answer anywhere else
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM   #818
Inner Circle

I really like the fonts over at High fonts http://www.highfonts.com/freetop.asp?f=0 and hopefully they'll have what you're looking for.

Quote:
I am working on a intro to my documentary.
lol.... (yeah yeah I'm sure you get Michael Moore jokes all the time)
Old March 16th, 2004, 04:01 PM   #819
Major Player

What correction do I need to apply for web exporting?

Hi, I donīt know if I should post this on the DVD Web Delivery forum or here... but here I go..

What exactly do I need to correct in order to get accurate color when exporting to web?

So now I explain the question:

When I edit anything in vegas.. the Preview monitor shows an image.... I correct colors based on what I see there.. and on a small TV... And allthoug darker on the PC monitor.. Iīm allready getting the hang of it.. and the results for TV playback are very accurate...

But when I render anything to say AVI or WMV, (or any other format).. and playback on WMP or REAL ONE it shows very very dark.. (and letīs not even talk about Qtime)

I know PC monitor is usually darker than a TV, but I find myself doing way too much trial and error when color correcting something thatīs destined for web.
Now, to shorten the trial and error times, I want to make sure Iīm correcting the right thing.

Is it gamma?, Brightness? contrast?....

Any magic tools? Suggestions?
Old March 16th, 2004, 04:01 PM   #820

There is no built-in method for doing so. However, here's a couple of ways it can be accomplished:

1) Delete the section to the right and then drag the left one to fill the area vacated by the right one.

2) Automate the above process using Excalibur
Old March 16th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #821

There are several third party effects available. Some that quickly come to mind:

Boris (various products including Red)
Zenote (various products based ont the BigFX FilmFX tools)
Pixelan
Satish's tools at debugmode.com
Old March 16th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #822
Major Player

?Excalibur?

Edward, I have never used Excalibur. I believe that is your product (I may be wrong). How do I obtain it?
Old March 16th, 2004, 04:23 PM   #823

Just click on the link on the word "Excalibur" in the previous post. All necessary information is there. In fact, you can download the demo version and try it out (15 runs before it times out).
Old March 16th, 2004, 06:44 PM   #824
New Boot

Edward, I tried the link: http://www.jetdv.com/tts, but could not view the articles. Any sugesstions for successful viewing?
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:09 PM   #825

The best way is to right-click the links and choose Save - File As to bring the file to your hard drive. You can then open them any time you want.

They probably WERE opening, you just didn't wait long enough. They are, generally speaking, between 1 and 1.5 megs in size.

Hymnchoir, you also need to edit your account to your real name. This is a requirement on this forum.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...