Vegas 9 is low on memory - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 16th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #16
New Boot

Re: Low mem error.

Hi

I got this same error. I use Win7 64bit and Vegas 9c 32bit & 64bit. I had few projects to finish. As usual I use vegas to capture tapes, but one project I use cineform neo hd to see the difference. I did not use any plugins for the projects. When I tried to render project (captured via cineform) in vegas 32bit problems arised. It gave me an error "low mem", but rendering in vegas 64bit went through without any hiccups. My conclusion:

- windows 7 64bit + vegas 32bit + cineform files = memory management problems.
It seems that vegas has problem with mixing different file formats (or containers) other than .m2t under above configuration.

My other projects (not captured via cineform) rendered fine in vegas 32bit.

That's my 2 cents.

Tom
Tomasz Kalinowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #17
Trustee

Many thanks to everybody for the input,
I did manage to deliver that project, but now have another one, but with the same symptoms,
I have mxf, Neocene converted 5Dmkii and red1 pro res files, before I uninstalled MB Looks, Vegas was just shutting down every time i was trying to open the project, now it shuts down every time I select OK to render;
hey Doug trick with dll editor didn't do the job for me , but thank you anyway,
I even tried to switch to Mac and FCP, men I hate it, will never touch it again :)
I'll try to get new, more powerful with lots more RAM PC and go 64 bit, will let you know if that will help.
cheers:)
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:47 AM   #18
Trustee

Hi Buba, a lot us have the same issues. For me, 64bit Win 7 + mxf + Cineform 7D avi + V8c or V9c 32bit= CRASH. I thought it was Magic bullet but even a non MB looks veg crashes each time i hit render. The strange thing is a slower laptop Macbook Pro running Vista 64bit works pefectly for the same project!!

I am going to try the mem hack which will hopefully do the job for me but Vegas is unusable at the moment. I wonder if there is going to be a 8d/9d to solve this issue..
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 08:41 AM   #19
Trustee

Folks, the problem has been resolved. I used the NTcore explorer and enabled Vegas8c to handle address above 2G. The system now renders 2x faster than the Q6600. It is about 1:1 for non plugin enabled files.

For MB Looks, the speed is about 1:1.2 .
Old December 30th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #20
Trustee

A few weeks and $3K later I can work again, Vegas still crashes from time to time, but only when I have all kind of different formats footage,
I installed Vegas 9 64 bit on 3.06 i7 12 Gb ram with Win 7 64 bit installed,
it works now, twice as fast , but no MB looks on this setup,
as I said NT core explorer trick didn't work for me, but now on 64 bit vegas goes over 4 Gb with no problem;
Old January 8th, 2010, 09:48 PM   #21
Major Player

*** Good News Alert for Vegas using HD .mov (and other HD/HDV?) *****

I've been struggling with horrible crashes in Vegas 9.0c trying to process footage from my Canon 7D using 1920 x 1080 .mov files. Crashes loading, crashes rendering, crashes just to crash. 3 different computers and 3 different operating systems. I just stumbled on a related string on the Sony forum and also saw a related forum here on DVinfo.net. You can check out the posting #9 by Sean Seah at http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...ml#post1469823 or the Sony support forum by "blink3times" at Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas Pro - Video Messages to see the strings or give this a try

(Below is a summary of solution and a download site for CFF Explorer program):

http://download.cnet.com/CFF-Explore...html?tag=mncol

Most 32 bit exe and dll files have a 2 gig maximum memory cap. I've been playing around with CFF EXPLORER (free download) which is a program that allows you to easily open the exe or dll and click the 2 gig memory switch that allows it to use more than 2 gig.

Reset the memory flags in
vegas80.exe (or vegas90.exe.....)
m2tsplug.dll
mcstdh264dec.dll
sonymvd2pro_xp.dll
to "greater than 2gig" and did a render of which I almost always crash on (avchd at 1920 render to m2ts 1920@16Mb/s with AC3 audio)

open the CFF Explorer program
goto file\open
then find the file... in this case it would be Vegas.exe
On the left side you'll see "NT HEADER".... "DOS HEADER"... etc
Highlight "FILE HEADER" under "NT HEADER"
On the right side you'll see a chart and in the bottom right corner you will see "CLICK HERE"
Click on that and a check box menu system will open.
Scroll down the menu list until you see "app can handle > than 2gig address space" and check that.
Save the file and close.

Open the others and do the same.

MAKE SURE YOU DO A BACKUP COPY OF THE FILE BEFORE CHANGING IT JUST IN CASE YOU GET INTO TROUBLE!!!

On another note.... rendering stability has CLEARLY and MOST DEFINITELY improved DRASTICALLY
I did lock up once so far (with the plugin pack 3d adaptor) but it was a different lock up/crash that I had ever seen before. The rendering just plain stopped but the program didn't disappear. In fact instead of disappearing, it allowed me to save and close.

This btw SHOULD work with HDV for those that are having issues there too.

Last edited by Roger Shealy; January 9th, 2010 at 05:48 AM.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Did you get this to work in 9c? I tried to do the same thing but couldn't find these files in my 9c directories

m2tsplug.dll
mcstdh264dec.dll
sonymvd2pro_xp.dll

found them in the 8 directories though...
Thomas Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #23
Trustee

the m2ts is for AVCHD files handling and 264 for H264 I believe. I started out with the Vegas8.exe file and the improvement was alr obvious. Then I got a hang for aac/avc mp4 rendering and i did the same thing for the mcstdh264dec.dll and mp4 rendering worked. I have not done the rest.
Old January 9th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #24
Trustee

I don't know why Red Giant software doesn't get with the program on 64-bit support. It doesn't seem to be a problem with NewBlue FX. 64-bit is quickly becoming defacto even on entry level systems.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #25
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah View Post
the m2ts is for AVCHD files handling and 264 for H264 I believe. I started out with the Vegas8.exe file and the improvement was alr obvious. Then I got a hang for aac/avc mp4 rendering and i did the same thing for the mcstdh264dec.dll and mp4 rendering worked. I have not done the rest.
Right but my problem is I can't find any of these files in my 9c 32bit directories only in the 8 directories.

I can however edit AVCHD files in 9c so I'm really confused :(
Thomas Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #26
Major Player

Thomas,

I only use 9.0c 64bit now, but I found them in an older copy of Ver 8-32 bit also. Haven't downloaded Ver 9 in 32 bit on my home machine, but I'll try to check on my office machine.
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #27
Major Player

low mem problem

I had the same problem with low mem messages it took me days to figure out what was wrong in my situation it was the video card driver. I had installed the latest video driver and started to get low mem problems while rendering with MBL. I then installed an older video card driver and the problem with away.
Old March 10th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #28
Inner Circle

I'm having the exact issue. Crash club for Vegas.

Has anyone tried converting the AVCHD files to Avid DnX?
Thought I'd give it a shot, right now I'm using native AVCHD in the timeline.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #29
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
...right now I'm using native AVCHD in the timeline.
Really? :(
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #30
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrone Ford View Post
Really? :(
Yeah, but just 3 second cutaways, thought I could get away with it. Guess not.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...