v9.0d crawls opening previous v9.0c veg files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 14th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

v9.0d crawls opening previous v9.0c veg files

I just updated both my 32-bit laptop and 64-bit PC to v9.0d. I have tried opening veg files from v9.0c on both of them and it takes forever. Probably 100x slower. For example, the 64-bit PC used to open them in seconds and now takes several minutes.
Ken Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Good Afternoon,

Well, I down loaded the 64 bit on my 64 bit i7 machine and placed 32 on my older dual core machine.

First time I opened it took forever. Once saved it opened wuickly afterwards.

I then went to my computer found the file i wanted opened and "Opened With" and it took just seconds. the folder contains 165 gbytes of raw footage and graphics and stills.

The big issue is that this version will not open all the titles that are in the file!!

I reopened with 9.0c 32 bit and it opens the same way with all the files present, just as fast as the 64 bit (both just seconds)

The 9D 32 bit works fine until I tried to open a m2v file and it crashed.

It will not recognise my cineform files either.

Tomarrow I will throw together a 1 hour project with motion graphics stills and mt3 footage and run it in both and see.

I love the Vegas work flow when it is right, it is the best. Tomarrow I will know for certain.

I did not get any red frames!!!!!!! I had deleted my 64 bit off my machine because of that!! The project I tested with i could barely run it in 64 before, so there is improvement.

They do need to recognise at least legacy C project material completely!!!

Dale Guthormsen
Old April 15th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #3
Major Player

This is a known issue with the new vegas 9d, I have a fault ticket in with sony as we speak (as do quite a few others)
meantime 9c will have to do as vegas 9d 64bit will only open the audio in the cineform avis. (eventually)
john
Old April 15th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Regular Crew

After my post I came across these other 3 posting on this issue that you were also involved in. Thanks for taking the time to update me.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...oading-9d.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...quicktime.html

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...-released.html

Ken
Old April 16th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #5
Regular Crew

When I modify and save a v9.0c veg on my 32-bit and then open it on the 64-bit, the 64-bit does the following:

- says "Not Responding" in the title bar within seconds and stays that way for a long time
- when it finally comes around it asks for the location of an mp3, mpg, a few jpg's and all of the AVI's. I've tried this several times with various modifications to the veg and each time it can't find that same files. What is also interesting is that the AVI's are all in the same folder, but Vegas doesn't recognize this and therefore it prompts for each.
- when you're done telling Vegas where the files are, it freezes at 16% for a long time.
- I can then save it on the 64-bit and reopen without the lost files, but still extremely slow to open

I will definitely be going back to v9.0c as this is unacceptable. Sony should pull this update or at least post a warning on the download screen.
Old April 16th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Olson View Post
I will definitely be going back to v9.0c as this is unacceptable. Sony should pull this update or at least post a warning on the download screen.
Ken, please make sure that you file a trouble report as this is the only way that we can get Sony to fix these problems.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Ken,

I have the exact same issues!!!! as well as some others.

anyone have the link for filing a report on this?
Old April 16th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #8
Regular Crew

See Mike's last post for the "trouble report" link.
Old April 17th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I uninstalled D from both my 32-bit and 64-bit Vegas and installed version C. Now veg file open as fast as they always have.

What is really interesting is that even version C projects opened, modified and save under version D, that opened slow in version D, now not only open, but open fast in version C.

Something else I noticed was that version D took about 30min to install on my 32-bit. But version C took just a few minutes!

Last edited by Ken Olson; April 17th, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old April 17th, 2010, 02:41 PM   #10
Sponsor: JET DV

For everyone having issues opening files in 9.0d, What KIND of files are on the timeline? Perhaps it's only one specific type of file that has the issue which is why many others are NOT seeing it.

I've seen many people complain but haven't seen anyone giving any details.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #11
Trustee

I wonder if there is some sort of specific system configuration that is a factor here. No matter what I try, I can't duplicate a problem with 9.0d. I have some complex project .veg files including a five camera multicam project with mixed video file types and a lot of filters applied. Everything I throw at it works fine. I'm not disagreeing with those who have reported problems. I'm just saying there is some sort of contributing factor that is causing the problems that some have reported. From what I have read on other forums, 9.0d works fine on most systems.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #12
Major Player

I use m2t files only on Vegas9d with some MP3 files, despite it's a big project about 18 hours it took an hour and 25 minutes to loaded the first time then it was just hanging with no response at all, restart it and it took 15 minutes or so to load up but that's okay because Vegas8 took that long to load the project,
but any time I touch anything on the timeline Vegas9d goes in limbo with no respond.
Back to Vegas8 !!!!!!
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #13
Regular Crew

I have jpg, avi, mpg, mov, and mp3 files on the timeline.
Old April 18th, 2010, 06:29 AM   #14
Sponsor: JET DV

See, I'm suspicious of MOV files from the start. Plus, MOV and AVI can hold many different TYPES of file. For example, my AVI (containing DV) files may work where your AVI (containing Cineform) may not. I'm just throwing that out as two examples.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #15
Regular Crew

V9e Release notes say nothing about a fix

Other then the following to items, I see nothing pertaining to the v9d project files slow loading issue.

"Fixed an issue that caused AVI files to load slowly."

"Corrected a problem that could cause black frames in MOV files after installing the QuickTime 7.6.6 update."

Has anyone that was having the slow load issue, tried this new release?
Ken Olson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...