Vegas Video discussions from 2002 - Page 15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Closed Thread

Old December 16th, 2002, 09:40 PM   #211
Major Player

Canceling VV 3.0 while rendering ?

Yesterday I was rendering a clip for review. I was getting tired and decided to head for bed.

I selected File, Render as, named the file to render as a .avi , then sent VV on it's mission.......

I decided that I didn't want to wait (would "save as" instead), so I clicked on cancel.

Bada-bing the "process" is stuck in the mud. BTW, it wasn't stressing my PC because it was running at 2-7% CPU capacity.

The only way you could get out was give the process the 3 finger salute by "end process".

Any ideas? Past know issues?

-M$ XP Pro with updates as recent as 12-15-02
-Vegas Video 3.0 with last update

**Edit** The only thing I lost was the credits since last save.....**Edit**
Old December 17th, 2002, 07:57 AM   #212
Rextilleon

Has this happened more then once-----???
Old December 17th, 2002, 08:26 AM   #213

Ending the rendering process mid-stream is a risky business, regardless of the software. You don't know what command is being executed, and, OS's being what they are can just decide to take a crap. The kind of complete bail-out you describe is always a possibility. Now, if you experience this every time, look for more concrete reasons, but, I'm not surprised you locked up.
Old December 17th, 2002, 10:00 AM   #214
Sponsor: JET DV

Too late now.... but ALWAYS save right before starting a render.

The only process I have ever stopped is the wave form creation upon adding a clip to the timeline when I knew I didn't need the wave form.
Old December 17th, 2002, 11:28 PM   #215
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by David Mintzer : Has this happened more then once-----??? -->>>

Nope, this was the first time I had even considered trying it.

The work wasn't that important, and was a rev of the final product going to the customer for input on a few things they wanted to have precisely as they described.

The credits were no loss, since they had not provided me all the info as of the moment of the foo-pah. I had saved all the changes I made prior to starting on the end credits.

I've been glued to a computer since a Intel 286 was the best you could get your hands on, and I've racked up quite a few losses to not saving over the years <;~)
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...