Does the W/A Nikon WC-E68 directly fit... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems

JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems
GY-HM150, HM100, HM70 recording AVCHD MP4 & QuickTime .MOV to SDHC cards.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:18 AM   #1
New Boot

Does the W/A Nikon WC-E68 directly fit...

...Or would I need an adapter?

I'm planning to purchase this W/A lens for my HM100.
Can it be screwed directly on the 46mm mount of the camera or would I need any adapters?

I would appreciate a helping answer....

Best regards from Holland
Frank Catscottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2010, 02:35 PM   #2
New Boot

It does fit without adapter

Just bought the WA Nikon WC-E68 and found out that it directly fits!
Frank Catscottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Frank, I'm curious how it works.
Glen Canning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I have one and it's okay with [main] lens at widest setting, but zoom in and through the adaptor and it's pants. see post 48 here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-h...ne-used-4.html

I use my HM-100 with the JVC .7x wide angle permanently attached.

HTH
Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 03:11 AM   #5
New Boot

Re: Does the W/A Nikon WC-E68 directly fit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cottrell View Post
I have one and it's okay with [main] lens at widest setting, but zoom in and through the adaptor and it's pants. see post 48 here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-h...ne-used-4.html

I use my HM-100 with the JVC .7x wide angle permanently attached.

HTH
Hi all, can anyone else verify that this Nikon WC-E68 wide angle converter is a good fit with the JVC GY HM100 without any adaptor rings?
I'm based in Germany and it seems they cost a fortune here so thinking of buying this one from the U.S: eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst?cke, Sportartikel und mehr ? alles zu g?nstigen Preisen
Is that the right one? I want to make sure it is truly going to fit and be effective because I probably can't return it if it isn't right.

@Steve Cottrell, have you worked out any tricks to get it to focus when zoomed?

Does anyone else have this same focus problem mentioned by Steve?

Lastly, if you can suggest any other lenses that definitely fit and are good are cheap, then please let me know.

Thanks,
Kirsty
Kirsty Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 06:30 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Re: Does the W/A Nikon WC-E68 directly fit...

Hi Kirsty - well, I never saw this post from way back in 2011 but I have just seen it now in 2019 :-)

Since those days, I have sold the camera BUT I have since acquired another one - got it from eBay very cheap - 100GBP as it was slightly damaged. Still works fine though.

The Nikon WC-E68 wide angle adaptor fits smoothly onto the front of the HM100 lens (46mm thread) BUT this adaptor is no good if you use it to zoom in. It is okay just as a wide angle but the glass design is not good for use as a permanent addition to the HM100. As soon as you zoom in, the chromatic aberration is bad and the softness is awful. I would personally avoid this lens UNLESS you just use it wide, or zoomed in only a small amount.

I have since discovered a great wide angle lens for use on the HM100: it's the Panasonic VW-W4607. This lens is 46mm thread on the rear so fits perfectly onto the HM100. The front element and surround is 74mm diameter, but has no filter threads on it - so you can't use screw-on lens hoods. For lens shading, either use a suitable bars-type lens mattebox or a clamp-on lens hood.

The panasonic lens quality is very very good and with a .7x wide angle factor gives a good wide angle of view. Zoomed in, the quality is so much better than the Nikon. Sharp in all corners and so I leave it on the camera all the time. It's quite a heavy lens with good metal and glass construction but worth the extra weight. Top marks. I got one used for 120 GBP. Hope this helps anyone thinking of a decent wide angle adaptor. Cheers
Steve Cottrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC GY-HM 150 / 100 / 70 Series Camera Systems