First 3D Experience FullHD in Portugal - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old December 31st, 2008, 05:49 AM   #16
Inner Circle

it is probably more complex that this, because if you look the red shift at the door, it is not a simple shift. it looks more like a 3D shift.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 06:37 AM   #17
Major Player

what?
maybe i dont understand exactly, but this two pics seems to me a REAL stereo3d pic, taken from 2 different viewpoint.
edited: ah, so you talk about only the adjusting! yeah, maybe a 'simple' shift?
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #18
New Boot

Hi,

the corrected image is the second, for me the second image is more easy to see and work better when there is movement in the scene.

i d'ont know how the plug-in work, but i use the tools "InterocularShifter" and "ReConverge" to obtain this result.

see the attached picture:

thanks, Marco Neiva.
Attached Thumbnails
First 3D Experience FullHD in Portugal-nukeocula_correction.jpg  
Marco Neiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 06:22 AM   #19
New Boot

In the process of adjustments/corrections in post in my 3D movie I had several problems with Nuke+Ocula.

1: I don’t have a supercomputer, the algorithms of Ocula need a lot of processing.
2: Nuke doesn’t allow to export for AVI files, only MOV with compression or sequence stills.

The solution was to use the After Effects, this software allow me to do some adjustments and view in live the 3D effect through the anaglyph. In the next days I will put the updated files with some improvements.

see the attached picture:

thanks, Marco Neiva
Attached Thumbnails
First 3D Experience FullHD in Portugal-aftereffects_correction.jpg  
Old January 21st, 2009, 09:08 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Looks like you have some scaling or rotation issues in that image as the door at the rear of the room looks to be taller in one channel than the other. I find that it is difficult to get the rotational or roll alignment of the cameras perfect on my rigs. The error is most noticeable on wide shots. Fortunately it is a constant error so it's easy to fix in post with a simple adjustment to one channel.

I have a constant 0.5 degree roll error on my new rig, which may not sound like much but when you get strong horizontals such as the horizon or bricks the error really upsets the way the image fuses, more so than a slight scale error or excessive separation.
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:07 PM   #21
New Boot

Hi,

yes is true, the door at the rear of the room looks to be taller in one channel than the other, i think this is a issue caused by keystoning distortion, in my shots i used always convergence.

in this link explains this big problem:
RMM 3D Encyclopedia - Keystone / Convergence error

thanks, Marco Neiva - HyperCube Produções 3D.
Attached Images

Old January 26th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #22
Inner Circle

I don't think it's keystoning as it's not apparent in the corrected images you posted earlier. It just looks like a simple alignment error. Any keystone errors with a pair of close spaced side by side EX1's at that kind of distance would be minimal.
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #23
New Boot

new version with improvements

Hi all,

finally I finished this 3D movie, in last weeks I have done some corrections in my movie "Viagem às Maravilhas de Barcelos 3D".

- I removed all music with rights
- orthographic errors
- brightness match in two views (misalignment in light)
- convergence problems
- color corrections
- "text is shown it violates with the real scene" - fixed
- ... and others problems

you can see the new version here:

left file: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
right file: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

somebody see the improvements?

thanks, Marco Neiva.
Old February 8th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #24
Regular Crew

How did you show it?

What kind of display and glasses can be used for the video? Can you record it on BD and play it back with a Blu-ray player?
Thanks.
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:20 AM   #25
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zheng View Post
What kind of display and glasses can be used for the video? Can you record it on BD and play it back with a Blu-ray player?
Thanks.
hi Leo,

no, you cannot use Blu-ray to view this file in 3D, you can view only in 2D.

to view this movie is necessary use a 3D display system with 3D glasses, Anaglyph, shutterglasses, polarizer glasses, etc.

To play this 3D movie file with two files you need software to combine them, for example: Stereoscopic Player: 3dtv.at

thanks, Marco Neiva
Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:49 PM   #26
New Boot

"Maravilhas 3D" NAB Show 2009

Hi all,

this year the NAB Show 2009 breathes 3D, and my 3d movie "Viagem às Maravilhas de Barcelos 3D" it is in exhibition.

the Miranda Technologies is using my movie (and others like Skydiving Footage from Eric Deren - seen in the pictures) to demonstrate their 3D products, like "Kaleido-X16" and "stereo pair of JPEG2000 based media player".

thanks, Marco Neiva

Photos by Carlos A. Henriques
Attached Thumbnails
First 3D Experience FullHD in Portugal-maravilhas3d_nab_0.jpg   First 3D Experience FullHD in Portugal-maravilhas3d_nab_1.jpg  

First 3D Experience FullHD in Portugal-maravilhas3d_nab_2.jpg   First 3D Experience FullHD in Portugal-maravilhas3d_nab_3.jpg  

Old August 12th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #27
Tourist

Try This

Marco
Congrats! You should try this software for 3D. Spatial View SVI 3D Editor Plug-in for After Effects. You can download a free 14 day trial and they are running a summer special on the price, only $139 US.
SVI Stereo 3D Editor for Adobe® After Effects® - Spatial View Inc.
Al Caudullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #28
New Boot

Maravilhas 3D at IFA in Berlim

Hi friends,

My 3D movie “Viagem às Maravilhas de Barcelos 3D” can be seen on booth of Sisvel at IFA until September 9, Sisvel is a company that licenses MP3, DVB, teletext and many other patents and they are working with 3dswitch to license a technology 3DReady that identify 3D encoding type (side by side, top bottom etc) and when implemented in displays allows automatic detection of 3D mode and consequent conversion.

Pictures of the booth here:
Álbuns Web Picasa - Marco Neiva - Maravilhas 3D...

If you never seen the movie, you can download here:

Left File: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Right File: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Thanks, Marco Neiva.
Marco Neiva is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery