Sony PS3 now supports 3D with v3.30 firmware at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old April 24th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Major Player

Sony PS3 now supports 3D with v3.30 firmware

There's a new firmware update for the PS3 and it now supports 3D movies. Very handy for showing off 3D footage burned to blu-ray DVD. The release of this update is timed for the release of the Sony Bravia 3D Tvs which are just about to hit the shops.

I don't know the best way would be to burn 3D footage to blu-ray to show on the PS3 through a 3D monitor with HDMI in. Anyone know?

PS3 3.30 System Software Update – PlayStation Blog
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM   #2
Wrangler

I don't think this update supports 3D movie playback, only HDMI1.4 3D gaming with specific Sony Playstation Store games like Wipeout HD, Pain and Super Stardust HD. I ran the update as soon as it was released and then searched the menus for any new stereoscopic menu items. There are none. This is timed to coincide with the release of the Bravia 3DTVs later this week so you can expect to see demonstrations of PS3 3D games in Sony stores.
Old April 25th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #3
Major Player

OK thanks Tim, I conform what you have found. I am sure there will be another update soon for 3D movies. Originally the update was touted for June so it might stil come along then.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Wrangler

3-D video gaming is coming, but at what cost? - CNN.com

According to this article EA is prepping Battlefield Bad Company 2 for stereoscopic display on the PS3.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery