Panasonic Z10000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old October 12th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #1
Trustee

Panasonic Z10000

I just came across this camera: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/820251-REG/Panasonic_HDC_Z10000_HDC_Z10000_Twin_Lens_2D_3D_Camcorder.html
The specs sure look exciting (Panasonic creates HDC-Z10000 AVCHD 2.0 compatible 3D HD camcorder: Digital Photography Review), especially at $3,500K. Anybody lucky enough to test this yet?
Old October 13th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Panasonic Z10000

I've put my request in - just waiting patiently to get my hands on one
Neil Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:35 PM   #3
Major Player

I've had one for a couple of weeks on loan from Panasonic.

Nice entry level into 3D and shoots decent 2D for the size of its chips. Has all the Panny functionality you would expect with the various Scene Files and gamma settings.

The AVCHD 3D/Progressive footage doesn't seem to be editable at the moment in anything other than Vegas 11.

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #4
Regular Crew

In the latest update of Vegas 11 Pro, SCS has incorporated a new MVC-decoder. All 3D modes of the Z10000 can be edited there.

Wolfgang
http://videotreffpunkt.com
http://www.vegasvideo.de/forum
Wolfgang Schmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2011, 11:46 PM   #5
Major Player

is there support in Adobe Premiere?

also , i am looking at purchasing this unit - how is the export function through the software to make the footage side by side from either MVC or the L/R images.

Does sony vegas allow the files to be exported as high quality SIDE by SIDE

thanks
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #6
Regular Crew

There is no direct support for the Z10000 in CS5, since CS5/5.5 does not support 3D up to now at all. There are rumors about what will be with CS6, but that are rumors.

However, there are other ways that could be helpfull - maybe:
- beside Vegas, the Z10000 footage can be edited in the preview Edius 6 3D version (what we have up to now as preview version only)
- the Z10000 footage can be edited in Powerdirector 10 (at least the 1080 50i/60i footage)
- for Premiere, there is the Cineform plugin Neo and Neo 3D. I thinkt they have published another beta
- there is the "mvc to avi" converter by Peter Wimmer, what supports now als 1080 24p. One can split the mvc files in two streams and import that in every NLE.
- there is a stereoscopic plugins for Premiere CS5 and CS4 that was made by russian programmer
Kostasoft - อเ๘ ๑๎๔๒! -
It is free but not for commercial using.

For your second question: Vegas allows that export as side-by-side half with the Sony AVC/MVC encoder but also with the Mainconcept mpeg2 encoder. It allows the export as sbs full with the Mainconcept mp4 encoder. And you can export the footage as 1080 24p, 720 50p (for PAL) and 720 60p with the Sony AVC/MVC encoder for 3D Blu Rays, that you can burn from the timeline with Vegas Pro 10/11.

Wolfgang
http://videotreffpunkt.com
http://www.vegasvideo.de/forum
Wolfgang Schmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:27 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Soltz View Post
I've had one for a couple of weeks on loan from Panasonic.

Nice entry level into 3D and shoots decent 2D for the size of its chips. Has all the Panny functionality you would expect with the various Scene Files and gamma settings.

The AVCHD 3D/Progressive footage doesn't seem to be editable at the moment in anything other than Vegas 11.

Ned Soltz
Ned,

Have you used the Sony HXR-NX3D1 by any chance? Can you compare image quality between the Sony and Panny? I've used the Sony quite a bit. Overall it makes great looking 3D, however it suffers from a lot of noise in low light. The Sony also lacks white balance control in 3D, which is a big negative when using underwater. The Panny has full white balance control in 3D, right?
David M. Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 02:48 PM   #8
Major Player

HI David

Haven't used the Sony camera so can't make any comparisons...

Ned
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:15 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Have you shot in low light? How's the sensor noise?
David M. Cole is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery