Improving my camera rig....addressing long-term power at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 1st, 2022, 08:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Improving my camera rig....addressing long-term power

Being a surf videographer l often shoot 4 hours plus a day. I eventually upgraded, use a Feelworld Lut7 external monitor with is great, 2000 nit, super bright screen. An added bonus is it accommodates 2 F970 batteries on the back. Now lcam able to power the monitor and my camera via a dummy battery for around 4 hours with this set up.it sounds perfect, almost is but the problem is those batteries are so heavy, no matter what l do, they flip the monitor forward, make it unstable.

I am looking into moving the battery power to a separate mount, a v mount battery system. If anyone has recommendations of the best affordable mount battery and battery set up, let's discuss it, thanks
Jeff Wisener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2022, 11:07 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Improving my camera rig....addressing long-term power

If you go the v-mount route, you'll need to add rails and a power-distro v-mount plate like this one:https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...2855/KBID/3801

I have a similar one that came out prior to this model. You'll have a variety of power outputs that will hopefully suit your camera, your monitor, and other accessories you might add. When I do long-form event shoots, I can pretty much count on getting 5-6 hours continuous on a 160Wh v-mount without breaking a sweat.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2023, 01:54 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Improving my camera rig....addressing long-term power

You are absolutely right. I got so into it, my girlfriend and I created a video explaining our video camera rig, checknit out;

Jeff Wisener is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics