Video Output to Monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 9th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Video Output to Monitor

Hi guys, very simple. I want a way of getting what i can see in the preview box onto a seperate monitor. I have a Pinnacle Movieboard Plus, but i am not sure Premiere can use the card. Please can somebody tell me the most cost effective way of doing this.

Thanks
Matt
Matt Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Does premiere only output to firewire?? If so can i buy a firewire to RCA or s-video? Or will that not be detected?
Old August 9th, 2007, 06:21 PM   #3
Regular Crew

If you have Pinnacle Movieboard Plus, Im sure the board have video output. Used the output to your preview seperate monitor.Is that what you are using?

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...ieBox+Plus.htm
Old August 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM   #4
Major Player

sounds like you need an analog to digital converter. when I was starting out on non linear editing at home, I used the dazzle dv-hollywood bridge. worked like a charm, if i wanted my picture straight off the computer on, say a television. I think pinnacle has something equivelent nowadays in the 300 dollar range.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:08 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yer, the pci card has an output and when i had a look at the pinnacle software it was outputing. However i can't find a way of getting premiere to output to it. Can somebody please tell me what i shoud be doing. Or if the is any software that could link premiere and the pinnacle card?

Thanks for your help
Matt
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:05 AM   #6
Trustee

Matt,

You don't need to buy anything. Connect your camera through firewire to your computer and connect the analog out of the camera to your TV. Turn the camera on to VCR mode and in Premiere enable playback on external device. That's all.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #7
Major Player

I tried that before with my dinky lil sony dv camera, didnt work. The camera has to have a pass through right?
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:03 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm Millaard View Post
Matt,

You don't need to buy anything. Connect your camera through firewire to your computer and connect the analog out of the camera to your TV. Turn the camera on to VCR mode and in Premiere enable playback on external device. That's all.
The above is the easy way to output your video preview. Always check your editing setting output.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite