End of audio is cut off! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 27th, 2007, 02:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

End of audio is cut off!

I am editing a movie with an audio clip that has a sustained last note and a fade out of the last video frame. As the audio is fading out it suddenly stops short of the actual recording. I have imported the audio from itunes. The clip in itunes sustains the audio for a long gentle fade. Something is happening in the import or in CS3.

Any help appreciated.
Ray Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2007, 10:05 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Any thoughts, ideas,........????? Anyone?
Old September 2nd, 2007, 09:22 AM   #3
Major Player

Two quick-and-simple things to check;

1. When in Premiere, go to the "Windows" tab, and click on "audio mixer". What are your levels doing? Does it show a sudden drop in levels? If so, select "Touch" on the appropriate cahnnel. Adjust the level for the discrepant track to where you want it.

2. If that is not it, check the time line indicator bar (for lack of a better term) that runs along the top of timeline, right below the time code. It has a little odd shaped end to it, make sure it goes all the way to the end of the timeline. Sometimes for whatever reason, it won't do it, and you may not hear anytrhing past where it (the indicator) stops
Steve Wolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for your help Steve, unfortunately this didn't fix the problem. It's strange, I can even see the cut-off on the waveform. It is about 2-3 seconds too early. I double checked the original file and it works fine.
Old September 4th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Wrangler

Just a wild guess...do you perhaps have a transition, especially an audio one, on the fade that is cutting out the audio at that point?

In earlier versions of PPro, I always had trouble on the video tracks getting Dip to Black to behave the way I meant it to; maybe something like that is happening?

Otherwise, if that doesn't help, post a screen shot if you can and maybe an astute CS3 user can find something.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite