show the timecode... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 25th, 2007, 06:55 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Risdon View Post
I may be wrong (only having used the trial CS3), but if you use a nested sequence you can't edit it?
You're wrong, you sure can, and on both ends. So you can edit the nested sequence clip, without affecting the original sequence, or make edits to the original sequence and have it update in the nested clip. What I don't like about where this thread is going, is that perhaps someone reading this is going to get the impression that nesting sequences in Premiere Pro is a bad idea, and I think that's not only untrue but basically mis-information. I know quite a few people using Premiere Pro, and they love the nesting feature, and wonder how they did without it. Like I say, I find the resistance to the nesting sequences feature baffling, but hey, whatever floats your boat....
Bert Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2007, 12:54 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Hi Bert

Sorry - my post wasn't clear! What I meant was that if you apply the timecode filter to the nested sequence you won't see the timecode if you go back and edit the original sequence...

I have clients that like to see a time display during the edit.

I'm just getting into nested sequences and the benefit particularly on multicam is huge!

All the best

Graham
Graham Risdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 04:49 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Incidentally, if you need to burn-in the source timecode (i.e. the timecode stored in the DV data) to an exsting AVI file, you can run the file through DVMP.

Optionally, it can also burn-in the date and time of recording, iris, shutter speed, white balance settings etc.

http://www.dvmp.co.uk/dv-media-player-pro.htm
Colin Browell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:49 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Smyth View Post
Carl is a 100% correct. Check out this YouTube tutorial. Its for version 2.0, but I think the timecode effect works the same way (hopefully!). It should help you out either way, its a detailed tutorial expressly about doing timecode overlay in Premiere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVJW3MQmBE8
I know this is an old thread, but I didn't think starting a new one was necessary- I don't suppose there is any way for Premiere Pro 1.5 (stop laughing) to generate a timecode window? That YouTube tutorial is long gone.

I know there is a QT movie that I can import and place in a new track, but it only goes to 1 hour- the end project is 111 mins! To complicate matters, the project is in HDV so the window is very tiny. I suppose I could use it anyway and create a "1" and overlay THAT on the QT timecode effect, but that would be cheesy.

Anyone have a better suggestion? The end result has to be a standard-def DVD with a timecode window on it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Jonathan Pokay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite