Adobe Premiere CS3 Encoder Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 3rd, 2007, 10:58 AM   #1
New Boot

Adobe Premiere CS3 Encoder Problem

When I click on the encoder tab to make my avi into a flash video it shuts down premiere. It would appear that Oncore & onlocation works fine. I am wondering if i should just go back to Pro2. The upgrade was free, hopefully this is not a case of you get what you pay for. Thanks for looking and look forward to any input about CS3.
Bob
Bob Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 11:52 AM   #2
Inner Circle

You will probably get more feedback if a moderator moves this thread to the Premiere subforum.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 04:42 PM   #3
Wrangler

Done. Moved from XL2 Watchdog forum to the Premiere forum.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 05:26 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I cant make flash videos from avis in CS3. Im using Cineform Prospect.
I make them in Quicktime... a bit shame for Premiere.
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:51 PM   #5
Trustee

My guess is that the adobe media encoder is crashing because it is trying to initialize libguide.lib when libguide40.lib is already initialized .... quite a few people have had this same problem.

If so, the fix is to add a new environment variable called KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK and set its value as TRUE ... flash export worked fine for me after I did that.

To add an environmental variable in Windows XP, go to the Control Panel/System/Advanced tab.

Hope that helps.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM   #6
New Boot

Thanks

Thanks for your help, Graham. I did put the environmental variable in and it did not seem to help. However, I’m not sure that is my problem. Perhaps I explained the problem wrong the first time. I’ll try again.

When I am in the Premiere CS3 edit timeline, I click on the file tab, then export file, and lastly click on adobe encoder. That’s seems to be when my problem shows up. When I click on the encoder button the entire Adobe Premiere CS3 program shuts down.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.
Bob
Bob Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 05:48 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Hickling View Post
If so, the fix is to add a new environment variable called KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK and set its value as TRUE ... flash export worked fine for me after I did that.

To add an environmental variable in Windows XP, go to the Control Panel/System/Advanced tab.

Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot Graham, that solved my problem! Now i can finally export flv files from Premiere CS3.
Old December 6th, 2007, 07:43 AM   #8
Trustee

Hernan - just out of interest, do you have both PPro2 and PProCS3 installed? I do, and wondered if that was why I ran into this "duplicate" problem...
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #9
New Boot

Problem solved

Well, QuickTime was the problem. It was not downloaded correctly. Installed it again and it works fine. I did put in the environmental variable. Just to be safe. Hopefully there will be no more crashing. Thanks again for all the help.
bob
Bob Campbell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite