DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere Pro Update 3.1.1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/109637-premiere-pro-update-3-1-1-a.html)

Dave Morgan December 7th, 2007 08:22 AM

does anyone know why adobe has already released 3 updated to premiere pro CS3, when versions 1, 1.5 and 2 had none or only one update for the whole time they have been out.

either its they released it to early; or they support their products better now, or the other versions were already the best they could be.?

any thoughts. its good to see the updates. just curios

Mike Teutsch December 7th, 2007 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Morgan (Post 788702)
does anyone know why adobe has already released 3 updated to premiere pro CS3, when versions 1, 1.5 and 2 had none or only one update for the whole time they have been out.

either its they released it to early; or they support their products better now, or the other versions were already the best they could be.?

any thoughts. its good to see the updates. just curios

Not sure what you are trying to insinuate, but it is just a new feature with auto updates and it is appreciated. Much easier than going to a site and looking for and downloading same.

Mike

Nathan Quattrini December 7th, 2007 09:58 AM

so is this the fix to be released in December that completes the compatibility with Leopard? Is it available for AE, Soundbooth etc as well?

Mike Teutsch December 7th, 2007 10:12 AM

The update covers all products at once. I was watching while it downloaded/installed and it did have Leopard compatibility as one of the parts.

Mike

Taky Cheung December 7th, 2007 10:48 AM

I have problems with Ppro non-stop audio conforming in large projects. Also, audio always go out of sync for those HDV .mpeg file captured. I was hoping Adobe will address and fix those issue in this update. Sad!

Mike Teutsch December 7th, 2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 788815)
I have problems with Ppro non-stop audio conforming in large projects. Also, audio always go out of sync for those HDV .mpeg file captured. I was hoping Adobe will address and fix those issue in this update. Sad!

How do you know it is a Premiere problem? It is not some thing that happens to me. Why not start a new thread in this forum and seek an answer for the problem.

Mike

Mike McCarthy December 7th, 2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch (Post 788784)
The update covers all products at once. I was watching while it downloaded/installed and it did have Leopard compatibility as one of the parts.

Mike

To clarify, the update does NOT cover all CS3 products. Hopefully there will be Leopard compatibilty updates for some of the other apps soon.

Also the auto updater is not new, but frequent updates is a new turn for Adobe. PPro 1.5.1 is the only feature enhancing update that was released prior to CS3. Adobe seems to have changed their release strategy, to keep their products more up to date. Good in many ways, but it makes it more difficult for companies like Matrox and Cineform to ensure that their extensions to Premiere are fully compatible and up to date.

Mike Teutsch December 7th, 2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike McCarthy (Post 788876)
To clarify, the update does NOT cover all CS3 products. Hopefully there will be Leopard compatibilty updates for some of the other apps soon.

Also the auto updater is not new, but frequent updates is a new turn for Adobe. PPro 1.5.1 is the only feature enhancing update that was released prior to CS3. Adobe seems to have changed their release strategy, to keep their products more up to date. Good in many ways, but it makes it more difficult for companies like Matrox and Cineform to ensure that their extensions to Premiere are fully compatible and up to date.

What I meant, in case it was misunderstood, is that if you have the CS3 suite installed about (11 or 12 products) you need only update through one of the products and it updates them all. Since I use Premiere Pro most often, that's when mine usually updates.

M

Helmut Bernhard December 7th, 2007 03:02 PM

Premiere CS3.1.1 lost MPEG2 input cabability

Importing a M2T Mpeg2 file (no problem with Vegas Pro 8a and Nero) created the following message

Premiere Pro has ancountered an error

(..\..\Src\Time.cpp-105)

This worked definitely with the same file in PPro CS 3.1.0.

My blues: Besides neglecting MPEG4 already I assume in the next update Adobe will remove also the avi import to make this program finally teethless resource monster.

hbernhard

Tup Wright December 10th, 2007 03:37 PM

Here is a link to the update:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3817

Alex Chamberlain December 20th, 2007 03:42 PM

time.cpp-105

Helmut,
Start Premiere while holding down the SHIFT key. This causes Premiere to re-index its plugins and seems to fix that problem. There's a complete thread here:

http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=105196

that goes into more detail. Good luck!

Nathan Quattrini December 25th, 2007 01:05 PM

Mac version wasn`t released yet? I only find Mac 3.1.0 ....windows 3.1.1

Helmut Bernhard December 26th, 2007 01:15 PM

Update 3.1.1 works now for me

the hint regarding pressing the shift key and the other suggestions, i.e. to erase the media cache and to create a new project with 3.1.1. importing the M2T file worked perfect for me and I'm back on track. Thanks!
HB