DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere Pro Update 3.1.1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/109637-premiere-pro-update-3-1-1-a.html)

Todd Clark December 6th, 2007 11:57 AM

Premiere Pro Update 3.1.1

Is now available. You need to update through Bridge.

Here is what was fixed:

A crash when closing the titler, or creating a new title has been fixed.
��l Applying a single-sided transition with no border to a video clip in the V2 track or higher, now functions correctly.
��l Export Audio from Source Monitor no longer results in an error message.
��l Rendering a Gradient Wipe transition no longer causes Premiere Pro to hang.
��l Conflicts between start timecode of P2 clips displayed in the project panel and the correct source start timecode have
been resolved.
��l Scrubbing a clip in the source or program monitor that was imported from an external drive no longer causes an
application hang.
��l QT footage captured in FCP will correctly retain the tape timecode.
��l Errors in MPEG files that appeared as red frames have been corrected.
��l Exported P2 clips that have an in point other than 00:00:00:00 and span two or more MXF files, no longer show a “!” in
the P2 viewer and P2 camera.
��l In and Out points for P2 clips imported from spanned cards are now reported correctly.
��l A crash when selecting “System Default” for the Audio device on Leopard has been fixed.
��l A crash when capturing QuickTime movies has been fixed.
��l A crash after playback using Matrox MXO no longer occurs.
��l Keyboard shortcuts for Insert or Overlay edits from the Source monitor when other panels (Timeline, Program, etc.)
have focus now function correctly.
��l Cropping of highlighted text and timecode fields on Leopard has been fixed.
��l A memory leak when the consolidated titler window was opened or closed has been corrected.
��l A bug in Export to Tape resulting in no video output to your device has been fixed.
��l Serial device controller now correctly puts your device in record mode during Export to Tape.
��l Longer exports to AME from the timeline are now able to be completed.
��l Third-party After Effects plug-ins that use sequence data are now working correctly.
��l An error when rendering audio transitions that resulted in an application hang has been fixed.
��l Export Movie of an audio-only clip from Source Monitor now works correctly.
��l Using the Slip tool in the Timeline, on a clip that was trimmed in the Source panel no longer causes a crash.
��l On Mac, canceling Export To Tape while using non-DV device controller no longer locks user out of UI.
��l Matrox importer is correctly called to rename files from Save Captured File dialog.
��l An Adobe Premiere Pro hang when attempting to cancel a second export to tape with Serial device control, has been
fixed.
��l Truncation of timecode in the Capture Window timecode field has been fixed.
��l A bug in which Bandpass, Highpass, Lowpass, Notch and Parametric EQ Cutoff or Center parameter values of
1,000.00 Hz or greater are incorrectly displayed, has been corrected.
��l Adobe Premiere Pro no longer crashes on quit ( for second & subsequent launches) when installed via Master
Collection Suite.
��l Adobe Premiere Pro no longer crashes when exporting to h.264 format.

Mike Teutsch December 6th, 2007 12:07 PM

Isn't this handled by the automatic update process whenever you use Premiere Pro or another program?

Is there some special link to find it on their site?

Mike

Adam Gold December 6th, 2007 12:13 PM

Interestingly, the Updater says there are no new updates available beyond version 3.1.0, and the Update page on the Adobe website shows the same thing.

Does anyone have a link?

Todd Clark December 6th, 2007 12:55 PM

People are finding it through the Bridge Updater.

Mike Teutsch December 6th, 2007 01:16 PM

What Bridge updater--where?

Adam Gold December 6th, 2007 01:17 PM

I don't think it matters which app you use to access the Updater; you should be able to access the Updater through any CS3 app (Help>Updates). Until a few minutes ago, even using Bridge I got the results described above, but as of now the updates are coming in.

Note that while the geniuses at Adobe require you to launch an app to use the Updater, you must then close the app before you can install the updates.

You can configure the Updater to run either weekly or monthly and you can select which apps to check for, but it doesn't automatically run each time you start the app if you use the app daily.

Mike Teutsch December 6th, 2007 01:20 PM

Ya, it is just the normal update that works when you open any program. It was already running when I checked.

Mike

Mike Teutsch December 6th, 2007 01:26 PM

One last note to all. I have seen many posts here in this forum about Adobe not updating and fixing bugs in their programs. You should know that CS3 does this automatically, in the back ground, whenever you open any of their programs. It even has a feature that only does it when your internet connection is idle if you choose.

No more complaints about that! :)

Mike

Adam Gold December 6th, 2007 01:37 PM

Mike, can you tell us where to manage those settings? The only options I get are weekly or monthly in the Updater Preferences window. Is there somewhere else we can access this to have it check every time the program is opened?

Mike Teutsch December 6th, 2007 01:42 PM

When the update window comes up, there is a box to check if you wish it to run only when you internet connection is idle.

Mike

Adam Gold December 6th, 2007 02:00 PM

Interesting -- not on mine. Are you using CS3?

I can only access the preferences panel AFTER I've looked for updates and found none... then it lets me choose "Preferences" where I can only choose between Weekly or Monthly, Automatic or "Ask Me" download, and select which programs.

Here's the screen I get (see attachment below):

Mike Teutsch December 6th, 2007 02:24 PM

It's in the window when it is receiving the update.

M

Adam Gold December 6th, 2007 03:52 PM

Got it. Have to look for that next time it actually finds something.

Bill Zens December 7th, 2007 12:08 AM

OT - Flood update

Hey Adam, I know it's a little off topic, ... how'd you do in the floods this week. I live up the hill in Kingsgate, but Woodinville got spanked pretty bad.

Adam Gold December 7th, 2007 12:15 AM

Responded via PM.