Premiere Pro 2.0 crash => Data loss, URGENT !! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 2nd, 2008, 06:45 AM   #1
New Boot

Premiere Pro 2.0 crash => Data loss, URGENT !!

Hellow,

I hope that any of you will be able to help me cause i'm on the edge of destroying this PC at the moment. I do my editing with Adobe Prem Pro 2.0 and never had problems with it, now since yesterday it starts crashing and i cant open my projects that I worked in anymore, resulting in a 2 weeks of work loss!! The deadline is in 4 days so I got all my good will together and started over but now after 12hours of work I get the same error again.
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...adobecrash.jpg => after this it sais it has to close down adobe and will try to save my project.

I use Windows XP, 3.4ghz 1024mb ram if you need any more details i'll be glad to give them to you, hope somebody can fix this.

Manu
Manu De Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 07:30 AM   #2
Major Player

Try starting adobe while holding down the Shift Key. This will attempt to clear out temp files and reload things and sometimes can help.
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:13 AM   #3
New Boot

Doesn't help.
Manu De Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:51 AM   #4
Major Player

Do you have a system restore point you can safely go back to?

Other workarounds to try to get back on track that I have done... log on as a different user to your OS, and if you have CS.... try seeing if your Premiere project can be imported into After Effects.

Are you able to open other Premiere projects?
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:38 AM   #5
Major Player

Try this one /

Do not open the project via the premiere interface

Locate the prem project icon on your hdrive / d click to open straight from
the hd.
Herman Van Deventer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM   #6
New Boot

Thanks all for the replies but I found what was going on. It seemed there was a kind of glitch between some shots, at the moments where I stopped recording ( last 10 mins of the DV tape ) it messed up the timecode. ( I use the XL 2 and never ever had this before, tape is TDK ).

I could play the original file in media players but in Adobe or any other editing software it went crazy because the internal timecode was, wel sorry to say f***ed. I downloaded the CS3 Trail and it could read the timeline IF I cut it down into the scenes and then cut off some frames of every end and beginning after that I exported the whole thing again. So it was only 1 tape that was corrupt, I never encountered this before, very strange. I didnt see it because I captured everything in one long file of one hour every time...
Manu De Smet is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite