Capturing, Editing and Exporting HDV in PP2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 29th, 2008, 02:44 AM   #1
Tourist

Capturing, Editing and Exporting HDV in PP2

Hello everyone,

Sorry, but I'm an HD newbie and just had a few quick questions. I just recently purchased a Sony HVR-V1p here in Malaysia. I have been messing around getting a few shots in 1080 50i. I have brought them into Premiere Pro 2 and edited, but there are lines whenever the subject or camera moves. Has this anything to do with bringing into PP2? On export the same lines are there. I have seen some clips here in the forums shot in HD and put on the net in as quicktime .mov files. They are very clear and you can tell they were shot in HD...but I can't get this same look. If anything, the HDV I've shot looks worse than SD. Any tips?
Josh Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 09:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

What do you mearn Lines? Is that what we call progress or interlacing video playback.
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:58 PM   #3
Major Player

Are your interlaced fields reversed?
Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:53 PM   #4
New Boot

try to chage the shutter speed. i once used 60 shooting under fluorescent and there are lines in the shot, but when i change to 50, the lines gone. it does not happen when shooting outdoor.
Ahmad Faiq Fuehrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 01:20 AM   #5
Tourist

Sorry I was not more clear. I believe the "lines" are actually interlacing artifacts. The video is clear, shutter speed is fine, but when every the subject moves the image is distorted. It is only on playback (I tried to capture a frame but every frame appears normal). Video was shot at 1080/50i. Would I need to deinterlace? What is the best way to do that?
Josh Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #6
Major Player

Instead of deinterlacing in post, shoot progressive in the future. You may be getting refresh issues with indoor lighting flicker. I still think your fields are reversed. Not sure for Pal, but NTSC is lower first for SD, upper first for HD/HDV.
Old February 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #7
Trustee

Josh, I'm with Mike. Are your fields reversed? I think PAL SD is upper first. Not sure about PAL HD, but I think it's also upper first. Make sure you have it right. Your "mice teeth" should disappear.

Do you have mice teeth when you look at a still frame or just when you playback? If it's only during playback on an LCD monitor, that's the way it works. It won't be a problem on final output.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite