Premiere Pro CS2 Laggy Image Sequence at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro CS2 Laggy Image Sequence

So, I have a tiff sequence I rendered out of AE at 30fps that I want to import into Adobe Premiere Pro in order to re-synch the sound. I've figured out how to import the image sequence but when I play it, it's incredibly choppy. I figured it was just my computer, but to test it I opened up the orignal mpeg sequence (this is an HD project) and that played absolutely fine. So next I tried rendering the tiff sequence out of AE as an AVI file. I imported that into premiere and still the playback was too choppy to work with. I really doubt this is a hardware issue. I've got an AMD dual core processor with 2.9 gigs of ram. I do not have problems playing standard def avi files or mpeg or even HD avi files. I suspect I have some setting in Adobe Premiere screwed up.

The other thing I'm thinking I can do is just render the tiff sequence to some kind of intermediate codec, because all I'm really trying to do is synch sound. Any suggestions on what format to render to for that?
Matt McLain is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite